PDA

View Full Version : MSN

Paul
30-09-03, 12:09 PM
If i am imformed correctly by my sources, MSN will be being cut off soon.

This is because paedophiles (sp.), are randomely adding people to their contacts and so its deemed 'unsafe for public use.'

I use it all the time and i know a lot of people on here do?

Im just wondering is this right, and if so is there anything we can do about it?

Apart from use LIVE INTERACTIVE chat room on here?

Paul

wisewood
30-09-03, 12:15 PM
as far as i am aware it is not msn messenger > but the MSN chatrooms that microsoft has agreed to remove.

Dicko
30-09-03, 12:24 PM
no its not msn mesenger itself as its not a public area. its private hense u can block people etc. also MS makes money off there little addy popups in msn, they make no money off the chat rooms. do yu see where this is coming from now..

Ste_Nova
30-09-03, 01:16 PM
microsoft were told to clean up and police the chat rooms.. that would cost $$$ so are just pulling the plug...

if they kill messenger there is still

yahoo

Jim
30-09-03, 07:41 PM
Theres also trillian which combines all of your accounts such as MSN, ICQ, even IRC into one program...it's well smart.

Jim

Dicko
30-09-03, 07:53 PM
whats that got do with the price of cheese., lol

Paul
30-09-03, 08:19 PM
WTF Jim :?

Dicko
30-09-03, 08:22 PM
hes on about trillian whic hhas been around for years, but dont make sense how he replied heh :twisted:

mikeoxford
30-09-03, 09:31 PM
:lol: i understood lol

Serialkilla
30-09-03, 11:33 PM
Just to clear things up for those that are confussed about MSN.

MSN has decided to no longer offer MSN Chat in this market beginning October 14 2003.

What other MSN services can I use?

MSN?s vision is to offer its customers a choice of best of breed communication services
to help them better connect with the people and information that matters most wherever
they are.

MSN Messenger: the most popular, fun and personal way to chat online. Learn more...
MSN Hotmail: the world?s largest free web based email service. Learn more...
MSN Extra Storage: Enables Hotmail users to take advantage of larger storage capacity. Learn more...
MSN Groups: create your own community for keeping in touch and sharing the latest information. Learn more...
MSN 8: premium internet subscription service offering advanced communication software including junk mail filters, rich email features, parental controls and email accounts for all the family. Learn more...

jkhilton
01-10-03, 09:26 AM
Has Jim's reply been edited? it makes perfect sense, why were people confused?????

Jim
01-10-03, 11:23 AM
Has Jim's reply been edited? it makes perfect sense, why were people confused?????

Thankyou John.

I suppose I should have quoted Stes last comment about other types of instant messaging programs, but no other bugger quotes people and at least my message was right underneath Stes.

Come on people, work with me here...1 + 1 = 2 :roll: :lol:

Jim

Paul
01-10-03, 12:37 PM
i jus read it wrong,especially wiv da 2 word

alos trillian

that confused me. lol

Jim
01-10-03, 01:51 PM
i jus read it wrong,especially wiv da 2 word

alos trillian

that confused me. lol