PDA

View Full Version : Too quiet on here nowadays!!!

torquey
22-08-19, 08:53 PM
Not much happening on here nowadays anyone else agree? :roll:

total_vauxhall
22-08-19, 09:06 PM
Totally agree pal everyone used gobshite book nowadays
So not many people on the forums anymore

torquey
22-08-19, 09:38 PM
Yeh carnt be doing with faceshite utter crap killed most forums off. Use to spend time on here

leggattr
23-08-19, 04:58 PM
Used to enjoy seeing projects update all the time but I seem to only update mine for my benefit only now.

totalnova
23-08-19, 07:12 PM
Yeah unfortunately it's dead these days, it's a shame as this used to be a really busy forum.

slimtater
24-08-19, 03:19 PM
I always try and point people here from Facebook rather than repeating info on there

Jack
08-09-19, 11:28 PM
A lot of people have moved on, the core posters from about 5-10 years ago mostly no longer own Novas

Diddy
09-09-19, 07:31 AM
This used to be very very popular a few years ago, I'm thinking a good Facebook post to get people back on here

Panman
09-09-19, 11:40 AM
In theory if you own a Nova you'll be on here. Or are we all just old School in wanting a good read of someones project or update. FB is all one liners with generic 'side shot Wednesday', or something like that. Does my head in.

NovalutionGSi
11-09-19, 08:21 PM
Where is the like button.. lol

I've not been for a couple of months, mainly cause of the summer, life and getting out in the Nova.

wwmnw
12-09-19, 02:33 PM
A lot of people have moved on, the core posters from about 5-10 years ago mostly no longer own Novas

Sadly I still own a Vauxhall, thankfully its not a Nova lol

Jack
14-09-19, 11:09 PM
I'm not angry, I'm just... disappointed

lol

Mike
19-09-19, 08:31 PM

This. Get busy living or get busy dying i guess.

Last Vauxhall i owned was around 2013, no need or want to buy a project car anytime soon either lol.

Stuart
20-09-19, 08:46 AM
I've said it before (usually the every 6 months or so a thread like this crops up), and I'll say it again.
Social media hasnt "really" taken over from the forum persay. Yes there is a fuck load of traffic over the two PNG groups there and the few other nova groups I see, BUT I'd say 95% of it is just people selling shit, and that selling shit is posted everywhere.
The 5% is then made up of Event/Forum related posts that aims folks back here and the odd technical question that will usually wind up with a link back here.
I look on many other "groups"/"clubs" on facebook and their traffic is equally average. Even the most recent "big" one that started last year look to have plateaued in terms of posts etc after a massive rise. Fair play to the fellas there.
As Jacko said, many of the proper old skool folks have moved on, or are moving on.
Time is the enemy, I've had a fuel pump and gasket for the 1.2 for about 2 months now, it takes all of 5 mins to fit an I only got round to it yesterday as I was WFH and had a spare few mins lol

The WHOLE car scene has changed massively over the past 5 years or so, Everybody wants to "run a club" (fuck knows why its hard bastard work, hence being 2 years behind on club packs), so when you goto PVS, TRAX or Coombe you see about the same number of cars but scattered over around 5-10x more club stands than ever before.
When I walked round RRG on the sunday and counted atleast 10-12 Novas dotted about that werent on our stand, I'm not saying everyone has to show with us, but imagine having a stand like the Golf folks with 20 Novas all looking resplendent in any phase of work/look/build.

Then you get that many many young folks either cant be arsed with Driving so arent into it, or they have cars on the tick meaning all they do is put big wheels on and line the pockets of the car polish suppliers. I've no problem with that, if thats your thang then all power to showing it off.
Also add in the HUGE disdain currently being held for any recent Vauxhall car from the die hard fans because they are mostly PSA products, so thats turning folks away believe it or not.

rant over lol

Andy
21-09-19, 01:51 AM
Yep
Some of the forum legends and heroes are on permanent banz though... 😂

Nova00
21-09-19, 10:59 AM
I would say Stuart has current situation about right. Right or wrong facebook is here to stay and Club pages have suffered as a result. FB does provide a much easier way of publicizing events and getting a good attendance. I do still put up events etc on here but usually get minimal (or no response) replies. The last three years we get 20+ novas for our main event and there has only been one none facebook nova at the show (and he has since sold)
But still a paid up member here !

I've said it before (usually the every 6 months or so a thread like this crops up), and I'll say it again.
Social media hasnt "really" taken over from the forum persay. Yes there is a fuck load of traffic over the two PNG groups there and the few other nova groups I see, BUT I'd say 95% of it is just people selling shit, and that selling shit is posted everywhere.
The 5% is then made up of Event/Forum related posts that aims folks back here and the odd technical question that will usually wind up with a link back here.
I look on many other "groups"/"clubs" on facebook and their traffic is equally average. Even the most recent "big" one that started last year look to have plateaued in terms of posts etc after a massive rise. Fair play to the fellas there.
As Jacko said, many of the proper old skool folks have moved on, or are moving on.
Time is the enemy, I've had a fuel pump and gasket for the 1.2 for about 2 months now, it takes all of 5 mins to fit an I only got round to it yesterday as I was WFH and had a spare few mins lol

The WHOLE car scene has changed massively over the past 5 years or so, Everybody wants to "run a club" (fuck knows why its hard bastard work, hence being 2 years behind on club packs), so when you goto PVS, TRAX or Coombe you see about the same number of cars but scattered over around 5-10x more club stands than ever before.
When I walked round RRG on the sunday and counted atleast 10-12 Novas dotted about that werent on our stand, I'm not saying everyone has to show with us, but imagine having a stand like the Golf folks with 20 Novas all looking resplendent in any phase of work/look/build.

Then you get that many many young folks either cant be arsed with Driving so arent into it, or they have cars on the tick meaning all they do is put big wheels on and line the pockets of the car polish suppliers. I've no problem with that, if thats your thang then all power to showing it off.
Also add in the HUGE disdain currently being held for any recent Vauxhall car from the die hard fans because they are mostly PSA products, so thats turning folks away believe it or not.

rant over lol

Jack
29-09-19, 10:09 PM
Everybody wants to "run a club"
Or at least a facebook page lol

FB definitely has the edge over things like bulletin boards and forums as (almost) everyone already uses it so a) there's a huge potential user base for any given group, and b) everyone knows how to use it... its easy to share a pic or make a post with all the mobile integration too. The problem is you don't get the archive of information that you can find here, but then people have always found it easier to ask a question than search for the answer first. Which could be said for a lot of things really

brainsnova
30-09-19, 06:58 AM
I was just thinking of hobbies and pastimes

brainsnova
30-09-19, 10:17 PM
Also I bought a black porsche 996 turbo about a year ago as my daily, my fuel consumption is 15mpg and that's driving normal so I'm a regular petrol station and that's £50 a time