PDA

View Full Version : boiling up

Anonymous
14-08-00, 07:58 PM
i was wireing my new anp up and i leftthe the car ticking over for about 45 mins and it boiled up steam was pissing out every where i think the cooling fan is not working why please tell me thankx grant

Anonymous
15-08-00, 12:09 AM
check your thermostat. Haynes stuff. it will require draining of your cooling sys. a way of checking is if when you have been driving and she is nice and warm and the temp gauge is just off the COLD mark then a new thermostat is in order :)
hope it helps
stuart

Anonymous
15-08-00, 10:24 PM
on my mk2 nova the fan never seems to come on either the hottest i have seen it is 3/4 on the gauge. is this normal odr should it be on by this point

Anonymous
16-08-00, 06:16 PM
try joining the to pins on the plug that goes into the radiator on the left handside about half way down. if it dosnet switch the fan on then either your wirring is fucked or the fan is fucked. if it does switch the fan on than either your thermostat is fucked (take out and boil in apan of water to test) or the switch is fucked (simply replace wiv one from a scrappy coz there about a tenner from vauxhall dealers (?16 if its a mk2!)