PDA

View Full Version : Shell advice

Mtmurphy
30-05-19, 09:05 AM
Hi, any advice greatly appreciated, l have come across a Nova shell fabricated and in primer, with all Sri interior (red). And 1.4 engine, shell is 1.2 merit, 1993,
If I bought this and did it to a sri rep would it be of less value in years to come,
Thinking of changing From red to Black,
Thanks in advance,

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

total_vauxhall
30-05-19, 12:28 PM
An sri rep is never going to be worth the same money as a genuine sri pal same with any of the better models

If you mean will the 1.2 be de-valued then no probs not as it sounds like its already been played around with so you might aswell make it as good as possible

totalnova
30-05-19, 07:13 PM
Word of advice, if the shell isn't complete you'll probably spend thousands on all the little bits you'll need to get the car on the road.

total_vauxhall
30-05-19, 07:27 PM
Totally agree with the above from experience all the second hand parts you need to buy to build a shell from scratch is unavailable. Its far cheaper to but either a donor scrap car or just buy a full car on the road

Iain
30-05-19, 08:09 PM
I think a decent SRi rep will be worth a few quid more than your average 1.2 in many years. However I vote stick a 2.0 in it and hammer it, no silly interior clips and bits required.