PDA

View Full Version : Shocker and springs.

marc69
08-05-19, 06:05 PM
Are standard front strut shockers fine to use with springs that are 40mm shorter in height on a small block car?

My reason for asking, the top of the passenger side of mine wasn't right and is beyond repair. It was a yellow Koni strut but I can't find any the same to replace it. I could go with a pair of coilovers I have but, if standard shockers are safe enough (would change the pair obviously) with a lower spring then I'll try that, if anything will be more comfortable.

total_vauxhall
08-05-19, 06:34 PM
I put standard shocks with 40mm springs on my gte after having koni adjustable shocks on it . And i handled like a lump of jelly it was beyond a joke . I would try and get some decent shocks pal even if they are second hand

marc69
08-05-19, 08:44 PM
Were the shocks with 40mm springs worse than standard suspension?

total_vauxhall
09-05-19, 07:46 AM
Yea because the springs were pritty hard and the shocks were soft and longer the front end just bounced around like uncle bucks car over bumps . You can get a cheap lowering kit for about £150 that will work fine . Or better than standard shock with short springs in

marc69
09-05-19, 08:42 AM
Thanks, that makes sense. I do have coilovers but also have a standard SR set so might just go with that.