PDA

View Full Version : corsa clocks in a nova

pickle
29-09-03, 07:36 PM
i've seen this done in a few novas, but how hard is it? because u will need the temp sensors and all te other stuff hat goes onthe corsa. anyone help? diagrams too? thanks lads.

geordie_racer
30-09-03, 12:14 AM
what do you mean by the clocks? do you mean the mfd that displays the date and time and temp? if so you need the sensor from behind the front bumper and the mfd and some wiring loom, wiring will b easy to figure out as there can only really be,

temp sensor wires(2 of same color as the sensor from the bumper)
permenant live (prob red)
switched live(prob black)
earths (prob brown)
grey/green which are light dimmers so dont really need to wire them in

think that would count for everything.

if you mean the actual clocks with the speedo's done ive never seen them in a corsa so wouldnt know

chris

pickle
30-09-03, 09:15 PM
yeah i was meaning the date and time clocks. thanks mate, didnt think it would be too hard. where do i connect the clock wire though, so it doesnt lose its time when i turn off the car for the night? and do u know if i would be able to get that upgrade that u can get from total vauxhall, where it tells u ur 0-60 time and quater mile time and stuff. thanks.

mikeoxford
30-09-03, 09:57 PM
speak to mattywoo he will sell it you he works for PVD

i have the wiring diags here for the corsa MFD it is 6 wires.

geordie_racer
01-10-03, 12:19 AM
the clock is connected to a permenant live to keep the time when the engine is off.

im not sure if u can use the mfd kit pvd sell i was lookin into this the other day and couldnt decide where it gets its signals from and couldnt b bothered with ringin pvd.

what my idea was was to get one of these kits to display the boost and other readings from a turbo.
any clever elec bods have any ideas on this?

chris

moffat sri
01-10-03, 12:23 AM
Where are you planning on mounting it Pickle? I know someone who made their own pod for it and blened it into the tray thing above the clock. (mk 2 dash)

pickle
01-10-03, 09:09 PM
i was thinking of gtting rid of he origional clock on my mkII and alsogtting rid f he fans next too it. and mounting the corsa clock in th place that house's the centre fans and clock. fiber glas aroun it to kep it in the centre. .... i was thinking abot putting it above them lieyur mate did moffat, but i think it would look smarter in the middle. fuck the fans. block the vent off and the heat will still come through the top and where ur feet are.