PDA

View Full Version : Big shaft help !!

greene94
12-04-19, 07:59 AM
I have lmf hubs that press into a nova standard bearing but the drive end is hitting the inside of the nova hub not the bit that presses into the bearing do I have to machine it to accept the bigger ends ?

total_vauxhall
12-04-19, 09:54 AM
Is it pressed all the way in

greene94
12-04-19, 11:27 AM
It's definitely in full way the circlip is it its proper place just need some advice

Iain
12-04-19, 08:43 PM
If the hub is hitting the knuckle then it's not machined properly.

However the heavily machined hubs to fit standard nova bearings are a known bad idea so I would probably recommend against this approach

total_vauxhall
12-04-19, 10:12 PM
By the sounds of it iain his cv joint ( bearing housing) is touching the inside of the knuckle when the machined hub should stop it from going in far enough to do this . The discription of what is happening is not very clear . However something isnt machined right if your having this problem. And as iain has said them machined hubs to fit the tiny bearings are terrible . Be prepared for the flange to neck off as soon as it even see's a bit of torque..

Be much better with full size cav hubs and audi bearings

Iain
13-04-19, 08:43 AM
Oh if it binds when fitting the CV try removing the abs ring or fitting a thin spacer between them. Some kits used to come with a thin spacer to fit there I thought