PDA

View Full Version : E16se mayo on dip stick and oil cap

torquey
09-04-19, 01:29 PM
Iam getting quite a bit of mayo build up on my e16se. It's had head gasket and skim. I do short journeys could it be just build up of condensation? It runs ok and don't overheat or use coolant. !

totalnova
09-04-19, 05:20 PM
Had the head gasket gone before? Could be left overs from last time, but I'm thinking if it's had a new gasket recently it's probably that.

Iain
09-04-19, 05:42 PM
With no coolant loss I'd be less worried, maybe take it for a good run to clear it out

torquey
09-04-19, 05:55 PM
Yeh will take it out for a good thrashing and see if it clears. I did the head gasket before it went in. I changed oil last month and was clean no mayo. Just have this build up on cap and dip stick.

millworm
09-04-19, 09:12 PM
Found that 8v lumps tend to suffer from short journeys quite bad especially the types wit plastic cam covers. Give her a good run, she'll be fine

Southie
09-04-19, 09:47 PM
Is it losing any power?

I’d do a full flush of all your oil and water and see if it reappears as the head gasket may have not reseated correctly.

Any mayo in the header bottle?

torquey
09-04-19, 10:02 PM
Not lost power forgot to say I did flush it when I changed the oil. A genuine gm head gasket used aswell all torqued up correct. Will see how it goes. Thanks all.