PDA

View Full Version : Arer there no Honest people in the World???

Anonymous
19-02-01, 09:36 AM
I recently had my car re-sprayed and was fairly pleased with the job. There were a few bits that needed touchong up, but I had already spoken to the sprayer and he said he'd do it in the summer when the weather is better. Anyway, I decided to give my car a good old wash this weekend. I used one of the Jet washes at a BP Garage. After I finished I noticed a few specs of yellow on the bumper, I thought they might have been from the jetwash, but no, the paint was coming off. I couldn't believe it! I got back to my house and started to leather and Wax the car and realised how bad a job had been done on the car, he hadn't sprayed some of the panels, he left some of the grey trim on the car when he should have removed it all, the bumpers weren't as smooth as they should be, I could go on, but generally it was a shit job. I don't know why I'm posting this message, I suppose for some advice on what to do. I'm really pissed off about the whole thing, all I wanted was a decent spray job and I thought I'd get it from this guy as he use to work for Aston Martin! If anyones got any advice I would appreciate it.
Cheers, Jim X-(

Anonymous
19-02-01, 09:43 AM
F***ing twat him, take the car back and make him do it again.

will someone buy my car :)
lee@novaload.net

Anonymous
19-02-01, 09:45 AM
take it back and point out what a poor job it is and demand it to be re-sprayed if he says no kick the fuck out the twat!!!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
19-02-01, 09:45 AM
Tell him to sort it. If he doesn't, I'll make u a petrol bomb (whilst making my own for my local nick) and u can show him waazzzzuuupppppp

Ged

----------------------------
[ged_bong]
I hate porridge III:(III
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
19-02-01, 09:48 AM
Buy a compressor and teach yourself to spray, I did, It's not that hard, And I could now respray my car for about ?40 max if I wanted.:)

Plese don't let busses pull out.

Anonymous
19-02-01, 10:03 AM
definately take it back, how much did you pay him ?

I H8 fat wankers in Lorries !!!!!
:O:O:O

Anonymous
19-02-01, 10:36 AM
U could always threaten to go to the local paper and see what he says to that if he is in a bodyshop.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
19-02-01, 10:43 AM
The job cost me ?630 in total. It wasn't a full re-spray. I asked to have both sides of the car re-sprayed and the front and rear bumpers colour coded. I had quotes from other sprayers ranging from ?450 - ?1800, so I thought his price was fair which is why I took it to him. I know they say, you get what you pay for, but surely ?600 was a fair price. I'm going round there in a minute so I'll let you all know what he says. Cheers for the replys.
Angry Jim X-(

Anonymous
19-02-01, 10:47 AM
I thought it must have been a cheapo ?150 spray job! For ?630 it should be good, take it back, I bet he didn't use a plastic additive in the paint on the bumpers, thats why it will chip.:(

Plese don't let busses pull out.

Anonymous
19-02-01, 11:24 AM
Dont tell him you used a jet wash, coz he`ll blame it on that, just say you washed it normally.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
19-02-01, 11:32 AM
Just been to see him. He said the chips on the bumper were stone chips because I drive to fast and too close to other cars, hmmmm, I have standard brakes so I don't do either of those things! He said he'll sort it all out for me, he did such a bad job on the rear arches that I'm going to take my car eleswhere to get them sorted. I think he realised he did a shit job and so just kept saying he'll re-spray it and sort it out where appropriate. I can't have asked for anything more really, apart from an apology and my money back, but I don't think I'd get either of those. I'll keep you all posted what happens in the future. Cheers for the advice.
Not so angry Jim ;)

Anonymous
19-02-01, 01:07 PM
What a fucking cock banger that guy sounds. Bite his ear off.

----------------------------
[ged_bong]
I hate porridge III:(III
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
19-02-01, 02:54 PM
gutted to hear about that slim.
Ah well, just so long as it's sorted for when I come down this sunday!!!! Do you fancy going to the MK cruise on the sunday night?

oh yeah, don't email my work address until at least 2nd march!!!! I'm off work till then!!!! :D

Anonymous
19-02-01, 06:49 PM
yeh slim, come down to the cruise, dunno if i can get to it just yet - my car is off the road (as are some of my m8's cars :(

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P

Anonymous
20-02-01, 12:01 AM
Try Traiding Standards, if you get no joy from the twat.