PDA

View Full Version : big mouth GSi bumper

XZiBiT
29-09-03, 12:44 PM
ok cut it stuck it and started filling it any tips on gettin a nice smooth finish with the filler the plastic smoother you get is to big for the corners any help(as you can tell im new to this but dont mind gettin dirty to save a few bob

peester
01-10-03, 01:23 AM
is it the kingdom big mouth bumper youve got? The one thats basically a deeper gsi bumper? i like those - i think is better than adding splitter to gsi bumper. not talking about the 'k' type one (lairy jap stylee on pinky) the more subtle one. got pics?

?Marty?
01-10-03, 04:17 AM
Have to disagree, the splittered gsi variety is better looking. But i do like that one too.

Sorry, no ideas on your problem. Ask ADE.

ade
01-10-03, 07:40 PM
send me some pics or post them here and I'll happily help you out

Are you making a recess for the big mouth?

It doesnt matter what the back looks like - you may need to build a surround of sorts using plastic for the recess. Something like acrylic or plastic sheeting - can get it from B&Q.

Glue with epoxzy resin (araldite) or hold in place with fibreglass filler.]

Then literally bodge the corners over.

there is/was a guide to making a big mouth bumper. Have you looked on www.nova-land.com

XZiBiT
01-10-03, 08:51 PM
yeah i have made it recess at the back and its just a standard gsi bumper no splitter not payin ?67 from renault lookin out for one or seat ibiza one just need some help filling cant get it 100% smooth had to put it on my car sprayed it looks trick from a distance but close look and it falls away from par!! also cut out my grille meshed it and added the vauxhall chrome V which looks way cool close or far i will add the car to my profile soon

XZiBiT
07-10-03, 10:00 PM
finished it looks trick as fuck check my car in the gsi section bobs gsi :P