PDA

View Full Version : Front Wheel Bearings - Upgrades and Recommendations Please

novarally
29-09-18, 07:07 PM
I shall be changing my front wheel bearings soon, any thoughts on the best ones to go for?

They are standard size, not ‘big block’.

If there’s an upgrade available, such as ceramic, I’d be interested.

Thanks.

Iain
05-10-18, 01:34 PM
I've never seen an upgrade available for standard bearings. Aren't standard high quality ones plenty sufficient for hillclimbs?

House
05-10-18, 02:53 PM
I'd say the best bet is to probably look for a VAG bearing that matches the sizes. I'd say they'll be of better quality than anything Vauxhall comes up with!!

Stuart
06-10-18, 08:46 PM
I'd say the best bet is to probably look for a VAG bearing that matches the sizes. I'd say they'll be of better quality than anything Vauxhall comes up with!!

But most bearings will will just be from a standard catalogue from any supplier... GM or vag, the quality won't really differ enough to get ones pants in a bunch over lol

House
06-10-18, 10:06 PM
Let me re-phrase.

Get a bearing form a VAG application, as they choose from the higher end of the bearing spec chart compared to Vauxhall that choose from dirty fish wrappings behind the bins

That better Stu my little lover??

CorsaBBoomer
08-10-18, 09:33 AM
Isn't SKF one of the better ones? Got my bearing for the steering rack from them.

total_vauxhall
08-10-18, 12:08 PM
I looked at ceramic for drag racing . Looking at figures around £1200 for a pair . The wheels do spin like a fidget spinner but far to much money to justify