PDA

View Full Version : Last electrical issue I promise!!

leggattr
29-09-18, 12:57 PM
This is more of an annoying indicator problem. All bulbs are new along with the Corsa b stalk. When using the hazards the indicators flash at normal speed. When using the stalk in both directions they flash fast. I assumed it was my previous Corsa b stalk which I’ve had for years but replaced it today and it’s still the same. I tidied up the side repeater earths a few weeks back as one didn’t work at all so they are good.

Any other ideas?

trojanhawrs
03-10-18, 09:54 AM
Front and back working on each side?

leggattr
03-10-18, 02:24 PM
Yep

Iain
05-10-18, 01:26 PM
Did you fit normal bulbs? LED bulbs for example can cause this

leggattr
05-10-18, 02:05 PM
All standard Halfords job bulbs. Still wouldn’t explain it working fine when the hazard is pressed.
I fitted a diode to the hazard loom for theft prevention. Could that be an issue? But as again the hazards work tho.

Iain
05-10-18, 02:09 PM
The one way diode thing wouldn't affect it I don't think. Weird. Do they speed up even more if you unplug one of the bulbs or stay the same rate?

House
05-10-18, 02:55 PM
I'd replace the flasher relay.

leggattr
05-10-18, 03:44 PM
No change to speed with bulb missing. In terms of flasher unit, when I first tested the indicators the dash light stayed a solid green (didn’t tick). When I removed it, gave it a tap and a clean it then started working. Could be an issue I guess

leggattr
10-10-18, 10:16 AM
So changed flasher relay this morning and it fixed the problem. Top stuff!!