PDA

View Full Version : project nova...

jj9
29-09-03, 10:26 AM
I am just about to have my car re-sprayed.
and before i have it done i am rolling the arches and re-fitting the bodykit.
my car has manual locking, i am considering central or de-locking, can any1 tel me if this is a big job, the cost and any1 whos likely to do it in my area? (nottinghamshire)
Also i want a decent alarm with a sensor inside, how much am i lookin at?
cheers guys.

BLueNOvaGSI
29-09-03, 10:32 AM
:lol: Well you can get a central locking kit from anywhere. I bought a whole second hand kit for ?20. They are a doddle to fit!!

Ben has got a Clifford alarm system for sale.

I can contact him if you want.

Angela

jj9
29-09-03, 11:21 AM
Cheers for that dude, can ya contact him for me.
is it an immobiliser/ sensor alarm?

novaboy1.2
01-10-03, 09:09 PM
Get it de-locked and get r/c/l coz a nova is easy to get into as i found out :x

pickle
01-10-03, 09:16 PM
i have some m8 auto tech central locking with a remote too,still boxed because my car already has it on. if anyone wants to buy it give me a bell on 07788620655 it is wort ?100, to u ?40, this includes post and packaging. only problem it has no instructions coz dopey old lass through them out, but they are in boxes.

Alex
02-10-03, 12:36 AM
i have some m8 auto tech central locking with a remote too,still boxed because my car already has it on. if anyone wants to buy it give me a bell on 07788620655 it is wort ?100, to u ?40, this includes post and packaging. only problem it has no instructions coz dopey old lass through them out, but they are in boxes.

bollox to that. ?40 for remote central locking. buy a decent alarm and it will have that feature on it. you will have to get an alarm eventually anyway and also this way you will only have one remote.

jj9
02-10-03, 10:02 AM
my car has got an alarm not a v good one.
i am havin an immobiliser fitted but i am gettin central lockin 2.
decided not to de-lock the car, cant be bothered to be honest.lol

Dave
02-10-03, 10:19 AM
decided not to de-lock the car, cant be bothered to be honest.lol
well when your project goes missing don't say you weren't warned :lol:

jj9
02-10-03, 02:55 PM
oooh is that a threat?lol.
its already been broken into

Jules
02-10-03, 02:56 PM
oooh is that a threat?lol.
its already been broken into

No I think it's called 'common sense'.

Dave
02-10-03, 04:18 PM
an odly shaped carrot can open a nova door :lol:

my point was if you are gonna spend huge amounts of cash on it de-locking deters little pr1cks from tryin it but if a proper car thief wants it they are gonna have it.

pickle
02-10-03, 07:38 PM
nova doors are the easiest to get into mate. all u need to do is pop a screw driver in it and it pops opn, i DEFFO would de-lock it. the nova dont look too good with the lock hanging out like a gauged out eye!

jj9
03-10-03, 08:39 AM
Prob is chaps, not 2 sure on any1 who can delock it.
i'll think it over, got a couple of weeks b4 i need to decide anyway.
defo gettin an immobiliser to add to my alarm, so at least then they wont b able to thieve the car its self (touch wood)lol
and if they do break in they wil b nothin to nick, unlike 3 weeks ago when they nicked my stereo (sony mask)
but the stupid tits didnt look in the glove compartment where they was a handful of cds.tossers.
*oh and jules....where the f**k did u come from???*

Dave
03-10-03, 09:30 AM
fit the c/locking then get a plate made to go on the inside of the lock, take out the lock an spot weld the plate in then fill over the gap.
make sure it's a good immob. cat 2 or sommant or you can normally get round them easily

jj9
03-10-03, 11:20 AM
cheers pal.
yeah i am gettin a decent 1.
how much am i lookin for fitting included of an immob?

Jules
03-10-03, 09:17 PM
*oh and jules....where the f**k did u come from???*

Eh? It's a known fact that Novas are easy to break into and hotwire, best bet before you start your project is to sort out a quailty alarm.
That's all I was saying.
:roll:

jj9
06-10-03, 08:30 AM
just a joke hunny.
lets face it even with a decent alarm if the t**sers want it they wil have it!
my best alarm is my german shepard which now sits about 10-15 yds away from my car @ home.lol