PDA

View Full Version : gearknob

Dicko
29-09-03, 09:02 AM
gearknob split a few weeks ago, and been pissn me off as its hard to change gear quickly. i got my spare off my other nova, but it seems i cant get all of the broken 1 off. is the knob foam with a hard plastic insert? as i cant get the plastic insert off the metal stick. is it supposeto unscrew or pul off? my next step is to burn it off or to remove the whole stick :evil:

Rick Draper
29-09-03, 09:48 AM
I had to cut through the plastic to get it off dicko. Rick

Aragorn
29-09-03, 09:59 AM
the official method is to remove the shifter and place the ned in boiling water for 5 mins then pull off

i just sawed up the edge to get mine off tho

mikeoxford
29-09-03, 11:19 AM
thats suprising dicko. the sr knobs commonly come off easier. i know a lil twist and mine was off. although in the merit i used to have i had to saw that off.

get a nice irmscher one with the i for gear 1. i think there well smart! coupled with a nice leather gaiter yum yum

as for your problem yeah just cut the plastic off it wont hurt.

i got a red sr knob u can have for peanuts.

or a cylindircal alloy red and carbon on.

but i guess your car is blue and black.......

lol

cut the bugger

Dicko
29-09-03, 11:23 AM
yes my gearknob is a std nova 1 but in blue :P

hehe. looks like the dremel is coming out again then lol

mikeoxford
29-09-03, 11:33 AM
i was always under impression they came off easier the coloured ones. dont know why but everyone with sr or sri seems to have no trouble removing their knobs :lol:

Will
29-09-03, 11:45 AM
indeed SR/SRI just pull off piss easy

the others are a bastard, got the saw out on both of mine cause i prefer a shorter stick neway :D

Fester
29-09-03, 01:31 PM
no way!

stanley knife all the way lol

Novas.5u.com-Chris
01-10-03, 09:57 PM
On my llt I just got a BIG pair of grips on and clamped them on as tight as possible. A few twists later and it came off no probs!!

finlay
02-10-03, 01:56 PM
i just got hold of my knob :P an hung on for dear like lol

Lins
04-10-03, 12:04 AM
For me the stanley knife broke so the saw come out Mya ha ha, trust me, the sr is not easy when they have been worn in over 100,000 miles :lol: