PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure gauge? Help

SRsam
08-07-18, 10:29 PM
Hi I have an issue with my 1.4 sr oil pressure gauge it's constantly on full even when not running.
Any ideas thanks sam

millworm
09-07-18, 01:01 AM
Sounds like a broken wire of faulty sender. I'd visuqlly check the wires and connection, if they seem ok check the back of the clocks

Jonesfach
09-07-18, 10:52 AM
I would think it's probably the sender. Take it off the engine and give it a clean up firstly. where the oil touches the sender ie where the pressure comes from it might well be slugged up? I know you should get less pressure in this case but it won't harm to clean it up internally.
Also disconnect the sender it should got to 0 pressure..if not then gauge in clocks must be knackered.

marc69
12-07-18, 10:15 AM
The wires often beak internally towards the sender with vibration. Check those too. If it is getting no reading and the ignition is on it will go up past full and stay there so looks like there is no reading reaching the gauges.

SRsam
13-07-18, 04:05 PM
The wires often beak internally towards the sender with vibration. Check those too. If it is getting no reading and the ignition is on it will go up past full and stay there so looks like there is no reading reaching the gauges.

How can I check the sender is working and secondly the gauge is working .
Also the gauge is on full regardless if car is running or switched off it doesn't move
Thankssam