PDA

View Full Version : I knew it was gunna happen....

AW3K
28-09-03, 07:34 PM
Hi

On friday someone attempted to broke in to my nova,

the door was well bent around the lock but they didn't damage the lock :?

well weired

acording to work loads more got done , mainly novas and fiestas!

For the last few weeks my alarm had been triggered, thought nowt of it and on friday came out of work , went to put key in lock and it wouldn't unlock! and the plastic trim and seals were on the floor.
the pasanger side looks like its been tried as well.

Scum, they can't afford it so they nick it!

before you say owt the car has an alarma nd imboliser with a face off cd player and no subs or owt, nowt in the glovebox or boot.

Makes me mad.

what can i do about it?

AW3K

dave.gsi
28-09-03, 07:41 PM
not much,

although by the sounds of it car thieves are getting dumber................thats two in a week where they've failed to get into a nova!

AW3K
28-09-03, 07:45 PM
would de-locking make much difference?

apperently it happend in broard daylight! one womans got done in the space of 15 mins at around 5 pm.

AW3K

adam-s
28-09-03, 08:38 PM
Get one of them tank shocker units that the army use to stop people pinching or touching there tanks, not sure if its lethal though better check first! :twisted:

AW3K
28-09-03, 11:47 PM
Get one of them tank shocker units that the army use to stop people pinching or touching there tanks, not sure if its lethal though better check first! :twisted:

Very helpfull i'll just nip down the scrappy and get one!

:lol:

Dicko
29-09-03, 02:30 PM
delocking puts them off bigtime, also a disclock!!

Chris LR
29-09-03, 03:04 PM
De-locking won't make much difference on a Nova, anybody with 1/2 a brain will still get in.

As said a disklock (the big silver one) will put people off. Also a chain from the wheel to the seat adjust handle (Mk2) will really get em wound up. Anything they haven't seen before.

Ste_Nova
29-09-03, 03:12 PM
the seat adjust handle just clips off

Chris LR
29-09-03, 03:16 PM
Well something else then....! Passenger door handle

wisewood
29-09-03, 03:19 PM
I used to wrap a bicycle chain around the steering wheel and the headrest to lock the drivers seat forward > done tight enough you cant get the head rest to pull out and the only way would be to cut it to ge the chain off, which takes time and puts em off.

De-locking does put thieves off chris because most car thieves are opportunists and if its a choice between your tidy looking car thats gonna take 12 seconds longer to steal or the tatty looking one down the street with no security they are gonna go for the easy option every time.

Ste_Nova
29-09-03, 03:24 PM
pull both the front seatbelts forward... put them through the steering wheel... padlock them together.... try driving

mikeoxford
29-09-03, 04:51 PM
i think the only thing that has stopped my car being pinched is the snap off wheel and the flashy red alarm light

Mark
29-09-03, 05:25 PM
i think the only thing that has stopped my car being pinched is the snap off wheel and the flashy red alarm light

Right, there you have it lads, next Trax event take a spare wheel and a bit of tape to put over the flashing red light.... :lol: :lol:

wisewood
29-09-03, 05:45 PM
thing is nova thieves are hardly the sharpest tool in the box - and to be honest i think half of them wouldnt notice a lack of steering wheel until they were actually inside the car > still, i would reccomend them, fitted one onto missus' nova.

mikeoxford
29-09-03, 06:19 PM
fitted one onto missus' nova.

have i been away far too long to spot a NL relationship blossom ?

wisewood
29-09-03, 06:33 PM
no mate, she just happens to drive a nova and be into modded cars. :D

Chris LR
29-09-03, 07:41 PM
It all depends on their motives for stealing....

If they just want a ride home they'll target Novas and won't care about breaking a window.

If they want parts they'll simply bend the door / use a piece of wire

If they want the whole car, chances are they'll be watching it, you and be professional.

IMO delocking doesn't prevent theft, becasue if you've delocked your car you'll probaly have modded it some what, making it more appealing and attracting the attention of more professional thieves.

Just drive a car that nobody else would be seen dead in, works for me.