PDA

View Full Version : bank holiday engine swaps

millworm
02-04-18, 05:56 PM
Little somthing me and daveo on here knocked up over the the last 2 days on his nova, retired the old 12st and fitted a 16sv from a mk2 astra. No powerhouse but drives a lot nicer especially with the addition of a 5speed f13 box from my old corsa. Hopfully see more from this car soon!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180402/9c626a69cefa2fc3137c86da80907cce.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180402/5a6f963837089c96c418c5d269cc1368.jpghttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ac260b4b4652/20180402_161934.mp4

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Iain
02-04-18, 08:08 PM
What better activity on a bank holiday weekend?

I have respect for people who do swaps outdoors, not something I fancy doing anymore!

millworm
02-04-18, 08:13 PM
I forgot how easy these come appart, even the corsa is move involved than a nova. Good laugh was had and it all went pretty smoothly, I wish I had room in the garage but you can't beat getting rain on half way though a swap lol

jimbob-mcgrew
03-04-18, 09:45 PM
is that my engine charlie ?

did you notice the modifed cambelt cover, where i had a mk.4 astra engine bracket on it, haha

was it a cr box ? ive put one in a nova before, on a regular wide box, and it felt a bit held back, cr box woulda been much better

millworm
04-04-18, 07:10 AM
is that my engine charlie ?

did you notice the modifed cambelt cover, where i had a mk.4 astra engine bracket on it, haha

was it a cr box ? ive put one in a nova before, on a regular wide box, and it felt a bit held back, cr box woulda been much better

Yep this is yours, I do notice the square out of it. I have no idea what the box was lol it was the only one about so it was chosen on that premise alone

NovalutionGSi
04-04-18, 07:18 AM
Awesome work. Closest I got to the engine on the Nova was refitting the scuttle cover and fitting some new bump stops to the rear of a Corsa D....
Same job on the Nova, 1 nut each side, the Corsa, 4 screws, 5 nuts, 3 bolts and a top nut per side!

Do love working on the Nova. Lol

jimbob-mcgrew
04-04-18, 12:55 PM
Yep this is yours, I do notice the square out of it. I have no idea what the box was lol it was the only one about so it was chosen on that premise alone

i never got to daily that car, i only racked up about 600 miles in it altogether, but the engine started and revved up nice, and did a 3 hour drive from dorset to london without missing a beat, so will hopefully do your mate proud.

good job getting it there in a day, and if you had the box laying around already, then that worked out nicely :)

millworm
04-04-18, 01:44 PM
Awesome work. Closest I got to the engine on the Nova was refitting the scuttle cover and fitting some new bump stops to the rear of a Corsa D....
Same job on the Nova, 1 nut each side, the Corsa, 4 screws, 5 nuts, 3 bolts and a top nut per side!

Do love working on the Nova. LolThe corsa d isn't my cup of tea, I don't really rate them at all to be honest. Prefer a c myself of the newer ones

millworm
04-04-18, 01:45 PM
i never got to daily that car, i only racked up about 600 miles in it altogether, but the engine started and revved up nice, and did a 3 hour drive from dorset to london without missing a beat, so will hopefully do your mate proud.

good job getting it there in a day, and if you had the box laying around already, then that worked out nicely :)It started first time and ran perfect, even had it running with all the standard ignition setup using that little ecu and the 3 pin dizzy, just needs an exhaust sorting and she'll be mega as the 1.2 system isn't the best

totalnova
04-04-18, 03:07 PM
my engine swap has taken me three years so far lol turned into a full rebuild. Great effort.

millworm
04-04-18, 03:45 PM
my engine swap has taken me three years so far lol turned into a full rebuild. Great effort.Haha this car is far from the spec of yours mate lol