PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on K&N bolt on filter for carb

SRsam
22-03-18, 04:22 PM
I'm thinking of buying a bolt on filter for my nova 1.4 sr not after performance increase.. more looks than anything.
What are your thoughts on them ?
My worry was all the hot air in the engine bay ? It will never get a good cold air flow and I don't want to go down the route of putting ait ducting etc to it.
Thanks Sam

total_vauxhall
22-03-18, 04:27 PM
They are good for looks mate but thats about it .
I wouldnt worry to much about the air temp I have never noticed a difference .

SRsam
22-03-18, 04:44 PM
Ok cheers . I'll pop a post in wanted section see if anyone has one kicking around before I buy a new one.

Jack
22-03-18, 06:09 PM
Two words:

Carb icing.

lol

torquey
22-03-18, 06:10 PM
I had one on my sr didn't notice much difference to be honest.

EwanG
22-03-18, 06:29 PM
Keep the standard filter!

leggattr
22-03-18, 07:35 PM
Ive used and will again the ramair bolt on filters, basically sponge with a mesh frame but has quick release fittings. Never had a problem with them.

SRsam
22-03-18, 07:58 PM
Ive used and will again the ramair bolt on filters, basically sponge with a mesh frame but has quick release fittings. Never had a problem with them.

Had a search on eBay for ramair but can't see any just cone style ones . I might just clean original one up.

leggattr
22-03-18, 08:47 PM
http://www.ramair-filters.co.uk/products/automotive/carburetor-itbs-automotive/baseplate-filter-automotive/for-pierburg/

SRsam
23-03-18, 06:49 AM
http://www.ramair-filters.co.uk/products/automotive/carburetor-itbs-automotive/baseplate-filter-automotive/for-pierburg/
Half the price of a k&n too . Thanks

Dave M
21-04-18, 11:43 PM
I'm thinking of buying a bolt on filter for my nova 1.4 sr not after performance increase.. more looks than anything.
What are your thoughts on them ?
My worry was all the hot air in the engine bay ? It will never get a good cold air flow and I don't want to go down the route of putting ait ducting etc to it.
Thanks Sam

I had one, it was good but the car ran better with no filter, never had any filter for years 👍