PDA

View Full Version : Ignition timing E16SE

turbosbiellato
14-02-18, 07:37 PM
Hi all,
I read here in the forum the correct way to set ignition timing is to unplug throttle switch, bridge the wires, and set the timing. Correct?
Where the throttle switch is? Is it behind intake manifold? Which wires I have to bridge? All wires of the plug? Then I must rotate the dizzy cap to adjust the timing. 10 degrees BTDC, but 7 If I run unleaded. Is correct? I run 100 octane unleaded fuel.
Sorry for the questions, but I want to be sure to set perfectly the ignition timing (not me, the mechanic)
Thanks a lot

turbosbiellato
16-02-18, 11:38 AM
Anyone can help me?

CorsaBBoomer
16-02-18, 01:34 PM
I think there is no better option then a timing light (strobe) :)

turbosbiellato
16-02-18, 01:53 PM
I have it

turbosbiellato
10-03-18, 10:26 AM
Hi all
I tried to set ignition timing. But I didn't note difference between disconnect throttle switch (and bridge terminals) and not. When I rotate the distributor, the idle speed increase or decrease. I think is correct. Or not?

turbosbiellato
02-04-18, 09:03 PM
Hi guys,
Sorry If I come back to this argument, but I'm driving crazy with ignition timing.
E16SE engine. I have the crank pulley with only one notch. I have another notch on the belt cover. When these 2 notch are aligned, how many degrees have the ignition timing? Five? Ten? I read on the haynes but didn't find this value. I have the green haynes, not blue.
Thanks

millworm
03-04-18, 12:12 AM
When the 2 notches are level it should be 10deg

turbosbiellato
03-04-18, 07:09 AM
When the 2 notches are level it should be 10deg

Thanks! With a strobo gun which can increase/decrease advance degrees, can I read the timing exactly?