PDA

View Full Version : Painting a wing

millworm
29-01-18, 06:11 PM
I've got a nice genuine wing for my corsa b to go on and I was wondering wether I should fit it first to see if it all lines up? I know you have to with cheapo ones but being genuine should it just go straight on? Only trying to avoid looking my car to the body shop for ages because I'll likely just give them the wing and the car if not

torquey
29-01-18, 07:03 PM
Always mock up first to make sure it all lines up. It might still need tweaking you don't know until you fit it.

NovalutionGSi
30-01-18, 11:27 PM
Agree, although I did go for the hope and pray approach with the other half's ZR.

Got a decent 2nd hand wing, gave it to the body shop to spray, matching with the fuel filler cap and then mounted it at home myself... matched lovely and lined up perfect if I do say so myself. Lol

millworm
30-01-18, 11:41 PM
I'll have to trial fit I think, I'm never gonna be able to live with it if it didn't fit right

totalnova
31-01-18, 02:08 PM
I forgot to mock up an aftermarket wing, before it went to the body shop, typically it didn't fit well.
I'll always go genuine now if I can.

millworm
01-02-18, 12:34 AM
Even though it's a genuine part in doubtful, probably been on the shelf for the last 18 or so years