PDA

View Full Version : spare wheel relocation?

Novawithbass
28-09-03, 12:10 PM
im wanting to relocate my spare wheel so ican fill my boot with ICE and not have to worry about ripping it all apart if iget a flat tyre. most modern cars have them exposed undeneath in its current posistion. any ideas???

DazK
28-09-03, 02:22 PM
nah , u cant relocate it to anywhere else mate soz

just carry a bottle of tyre weld in the car , jobs a good'un :wink:

Mark
28-09-03, 02:28 PM
I've seen them attached to the diagonal of a cage in a lot of rally cars and some road cars, and I have some people fix them behind the passenger seat, bit restrictive though and I have seen people strap it to the inside of the car against the rear quater window and arch area...

Jim
28-09-03, 02:46 PM
only way to get a boot full of ice is to strip out the rear seats, build a false floor that sits over the spare wheel (but cut a hole so that you can access the spare wheel still) and then kit out the back of the car with ICE.

Jim

mikeoxford
28-09-03, 05:19 PM
saw a blue nova with silver flames on the side at trax.

he had done a lot in his interior. and made a feature of having a spacesaver wheel - astra or similar? sprayed same metallic as his car, and was on a diagonal on the side of his boot build.

dave.gsi
28-09-03, 05:30 PM
you could add a bit of land rover cool and stick it in a black wheel box on the outside of the tailgate. you could even airbrush the box with a horse if you like

Mark
28-09-03, 06:55 PM
LOL - Nice one Dave, well, if youre going down the land-rover route why not bolt it to the bonnet?? :lol: