PDA

View Full Version : Inner wing/arches

skidmark
02-12-17, 05:17 PM
Hi there , really strange question:

does the inner wing wheel arch protrude out further on the drivers side than the passenger side.

slimtater
02-12-17, 10:09 PM
Not as such but its a different shape due to the fuel filler neck

skidmark
03-12-17, 09:22 AM
Sorry I meant the front end. Although I have noticed that on the rear.

This has come about after fitting some coilovers with longer inserts to the raise the ride height. Everything looks absolutely right and I’ve measured turret to turret that’s ok, position of the wheel in relation to the chassis looks right, but on the drivers side the shock absorber is a good 15mm closer to the inside wing almost touching it when the car is fully jacked up in the air

total_vauxhall
03-12-17, 11:41 AM
Yes they are closer mate I noticed this on my drag car the coilover on drivers side is very close to the brake flexy mount but not as close on passangers so I went and measured my standard mk1 and it was about the same diffrence to the standard shockers

skidmark
03-12-17, 11:56 AM
Yes they are closer mate I noticed this on my drag car the coilover on drivers side is very close to the brake flexy mount but not as close on passangers so I went and measured my standard mk1 and it was about the same diffrence to the standard shockers

spot on - thank you!! That’s a relief I was starting to think something was not right. Got the same problem as you with the brake hose but i can reroute that so no big issue