PDA

View Full Version : Fact of the day.

wwmnw
29-10-17, 05:38 PM
Just because there is a central reservation between you and the speed camera van, you can still get caught!

Apparently its a pub myth that a speed camera van doesnt look over the central reservation, wish I'd known that lol:cry:

total_vauxhall
29-10-17, 10:53 PM
Iv only just found out that gatso cameras can only catch you from the rear of the car when they are facing you they are for cars on the opposit side of the road. Lmao

8valve-craig
30-10-17, 10:04 AM
Iv only just found out that gatso cameras can only catch you from the rear of the car when they are facing you they are for cars on the opposit side of the road. Lmao

Oh my god you are one of those that slows down for one facing you !

total_vauxhall
30-10-17, 04:59 PM
I was till I thought id been caught lol n wondered why it never flashed lol all these years of slamming on for nothing .... bastards lol

wwmnw
30-10-17, 05:19 PM
I used to curse people that slowed down for a speed camera van on the opposite side of the dual carriageway lol

millworm
30-10-17, 06:00 PM
You can make gatso cameras flash if your close enough to the other side of the road and going a bit, won't get a ticket though.

t45_ste
30-10-17, 10:53 PM
Oh my god you are one of those that slows down for one facing you !

https://www.speedcamerasuk.com/truvelo.htm

8valve-craig
31-10-17, 08:48 AM
https://www.speedcamerasuk.com/truvelo.htm

Yeah they aren't Gatso. Does pay to know how they all work if you do miles.

mowgli
01-11-17, 03:52 AM
Just because there is a central reservation between you and the speed camera van, you can still get caught!

Apparently its a pub myth that a speed camera van doesnt look over the central reservation, wish I'd known that lol:cry:Daft sod. Can you get on an awareness course?

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

wwmnw
01-11-17, 07:22 AM
Daft sod. Can you get on an awareness course?

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

63 in a 50 (glad I slowed down) so yes I can but it all depends if its offered. 1 more mph and it wouldn't be an option, currently have 3 points for exceeding goods vehicle speed limit and they made a big difference to my insurance so 6 points will probably shaft me, really hoping I get the course lol