PDA

View Full Version : Arp clutch bolts??

total_vauxhall
09-10-17, 06:57 PM
Anyone know if these are avalible for c20let
Cant seem to find a set . If not what would you recomend for big power

totalnova
09-10-17, 08:14 PM
If you mean flywheel bolts you can get them on eBay.

totalnova
09-10-17, 08:37 PM
I've just had a look and I can't see pressure plate bolts for sale, so that's probably what you was after. Sorry

total_vauxhall
09-10-17, 09:21 PM
Yea I have the flywheel bolts its the clutch ones I need now . I will have to ring the clutch company and see if they can provide me with somthing suitable

boffer8
12-10-17, 10:44 AM
What size holes have you got? most standard ones are M7 iirc, but drill a new hole further round and fit M8's with 10.9's, wont go anywhere then, that's what i run

Iain
12-10-17, 01:55 PM
Or the posh flywheels are sometimes M8s?

I've never heard of ARP clutch cover bolts, are the standard ones an issue ever?

total_vauxhall
12-10-17, 03:09 PM
Iv never heard of them being an issue before mate .
However you know what its like , il hang my self if I have done every bolt I can in arp and I scrimp on the clutch cover and it gives up lol

BRoadGhost
12-10-17, 04:59 PM
Repeatability is important too when locating the clutch on the flywheel if it's balanced; M7 is fine if you dowel the flywheel & pressure plate as this ensures it only goes on in the one location (placed where it was when balanced). That said nothing wrong with going M8 as bigger is stronger & more available size. If you chase revs past 8k then ditch the cast flywheel it'll probably shat itself otherwise. You can go ARP with the flywheel to crank bolts & that's a pretty particular method of apply greases then loctite, torquing etc underlining the importance.