PDA

View Full Version : shall i tempt fate?

mikeoxford
28-09-03, 12:21 AM
off rob i bought a black nova gsi dashboard but im reluctant to fit yet and may sell it on........

this dashboards has been in three crashed novas....... is that fate ?

what shall i do?

does it REALLY give much visual enhancment?

dave.gsi
28-09-03, 12:41 AM
they say bad luck comes in threes so it might be done.

maybe :lol:

mikeoxford
28-09-03, 12:46 AM
:( thing is robs incident werent even his fault. woman reversed of a drive into him.

i aint supersticious *much*

but it is a bit dodgy ent it.

the donor car hit a post or something and big vee in front of the car,
marrus went into the back of a beemer.
and rob got totalled by some woman on a drive.

car numero four? or do i sell............

dave.gsi
28-09-03, 12:49 AM
lol, it wouldn't go near my car

but thats just me

BLueNOvaGSI
28-09-03, 01:26 AM
:D Hi Lad's I am a 2 day old VIRGIN to this chat rooming business, so please WELCOME me.

Any way you don't believe in all that fate rubbish, follow your instincts!!!

Angela
kisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskissURGHHHH :oops:

?Marty?
28-09-03, 03:58 AM
WTF!?

This is a manly forum, not a carebear/my little pony one. Raaaaaaaaa! :twisted:

And Mike, fit the dash.

Ben
28-09-03, 09:12 AM
Fit it you tart.

Hello Angela glad you managed to sort out how to use the site.

Mark
28-09-03, 09:57 AM
Fit it, and hello Angela...

mikeoxford
28-09-03, 12:18 PM
is everyone saying fit it because im being daft? or fit it because it looks nice?

if it goes in i want to style it like an SRi dash - red knobs tc. nothing OTT i aint going mad using humbrol paint LOL just the original red bits ill replace so there brand new or paint them enamel shinee.

black or grey? anyone else had both dashes fitted?

Jim
28-09-03, 12:38 PM
Just fit it :P

Jim

Ben
28-09-03, 02:00 PM
I used the Red knobs etc on my GSi dash, looked much better but had to swap them back as fester is a fussy C**T :!:

Ian_Gsi16v
28-09-03, 02:33 PM
Just fit it......

proberly just pure coincidence

Maybe :wink:

mikeoxford
28-09-03, 02:38 PM
Just fit it......

proberly just pure coincidence

Maybe :wink:

you lot are putting the fear of god into me!!!!!! :lol:

and as jims was very final........

Just fit it

Jim

i may follow his order, and on his mafia head may it be! us birmingham pu$$ys will be down :lol:

ANYWAY on a serious note PLEEEEEEASE

has anyone gone from a mk2 dash to a black gsi one? i want to know if it did make all that much difrence,

Jim
28-09-03, 02:42 PM
has anyone gone from a mk2 dash to a black gsi one? i want to know if it did make all that much difrence,

All what difference? It wont make your car faster if thats what your thinking :p

Jim

mikeoxford
28-09-03, 02:45 PM

All what difference? It wont make your car faster if thats what your thinking :p

Jim

visually TUT! :lol:

im driving a seat ibiza around with a black dash, and i find the sun reflects of the dash onto the windscreen and all you see is the pattern of the dashboard. (probly to much dashboard cleaner!!!)

i dont know wether i like driving the ibiza with black dash or not. looks a bit dark.

so wondered if people had gone from grey to black and wether it was worth the hassle?

Jim
28-09-03, 02:49 PM
It really depends on what look you want from the interior. I'm having a grey and black interior, so im keeping my dash grey. You have a red and black car on the outside, so a red and black interior would tie in with the exterioor look of the car. I've been in several gsi's with black dashes and never noticed the dash reflecting in the window. The hole point of making the dashes black was so they absorb the light and dont reflect into the window, odd that the Seat one does :?

Personnaly If i had a red and black car I'd mod the inside to red and black aswell. I think a black dash with red switches would look really good.

All you'd have to do next is lose the rear bench :roll: :P :wink:

Jim

mikeoxford
28-09-03, 02:53 PM
It really depends on what look you want from the interior. I'm having a grey and black interior, so im keeping my dash grey. You have a red and black car on the outside, so a red and black interior would tie in with the exterioor look of the car. I've been in several gsi's with black dashes and never noticed the dash reflecting in the window. The hole point of making the dashes black was so they absorb the light and dont reflect into the window, odd that the Seat one does :?

Personnaly If i had a red and black car I'd mod the inside to red and black aswell. I think a black dash with red switches would look really good.

All you'd have to do next is lose the rear bench :roll: :P :wink:

Jim

:D thankyou finally for the useful input :lol: :wink:

as for the ibiza, i think its cos the windscreen is really sloped, the dash is really flat and sticks out quite far from the bulkhead. and it also has about a can of flash dash or whatever sprayed onto it when they valeted it before it was bought.

as for the nova. i am warming to the idea of black dash red detailing.

anymore grey / black people? lol

and thanks jim 8)

Jim
28-09-03, 02:56 PM
lol, thats quite alright Michael :)

I'm thinking I should start a DIY Car Interior show...get Carol Smilie and Laurence Llewelyn-bumhole to do some lovely floral interiors, lol :lol:

Jim

mikeoxford
28-09-03, 03:09 PM
lol, thats quite alright Michael :)

I'm thinking I should start a DIY Car Interior show...get Carol Smilie and Laurence Llewelyn-bumhole to do some lovely floral interiors, lol :lol:

Jim

:lol: keep my thread to normality you!!!!! begger awft

on a funny note though just been imformed by chrissy w that the opel corsas on the content have yellow and green knobs also! so i could have them LOL :lol: Laurence Llewelyn-bumhole eat your hreart out

any more sensible people around today? :lol:

BLueNOvaGSI
28-09-03, 04:25 PM
:sleeping: This is a message for cool.Marty, I know this is not a care bear/my little pony site. I only came on here to chat not to get insulted.

Is it because I am a woman, well I know enough about cars, BECAUSE IT IS MY HOBBY AND I THINK IT WOULD ALSO HELP SEEING AS THAT I AM A CO-ORDINATOR FOR THE PERFORMANCE CAR CLUBS!!!!!

Well now I have said that, shall we start again, or leave it at that!

Nice to speak to you anyway.

Take care
Angela :lol:

finlay
28-09-03, 05:08 PM
Is this bird a wined up :?:

Mark
28-09-03, 06:33 PM
You'll have to take Marty with a pinch of salt Angela, he has an ability to rub newcomers up the wrong way (ooh er missus) but once you get though the bull he does have some interesting stuff to say....Don't you Marty - (don't show me up...)

Gazza14SR
28-09-03, 07:00 PM
Mike, as for your 'supersticoius' (spelling) think id think twice, my mate bought a xr3i afew years back with 4 previous owners. All the owners had an accident in the car and when he had it he wrote it off and suffered a broken leg. The car was jinxed!

did u know it'd been in a accident before you bought it? if so should of waited and bought another 1 if your worried about it.

Gaz

BLueNOvaGSI
28-09-03, 07:07 PM
:angel: Thanks, I am not wound up just saying what needed to be said! No I am not joking about the club. Thankx for looking out for me anyway.

MUCH APPRECIATED

Angela :n00b:

?Marty?
28-09-03, 11:12 PM
No worries Angie. I didn't realise it was blob week.

he he he

(Sorry, i AM joking.)

Mike - what's this superstition stuff about!? There's two ways to look at it:

Unlucky/cursed dashboard - the dash is the devils plaything, and your car will be written off straight after fitting it. Avoid it like the plague.

Lucky dashboard - unlucky for others, BUT lucky for you. Since if what has happened hadn't happened, it wouldn't be in your posession now. Fit it and many more good things will come to you.

Or something.