PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Shows - Chat, abuse, discuss, or ignore :p

Stuart
12-09-17, 01:28 PM
So, this year PNG made it to Combe Spring Action Day (with MIG), PVS, VBOA (notBilling) at Market Harborough and Retro Rides Gathering.

We would have also been at PVS2, if kelsey hadnt cancelled it, BOOO HISSSSS

I know it wasnt many, but (form a selfish point of view) reallly really enjoyed each and every one of them.

So, onto 2018...
Who wants what?
rough chronological order

Combe Spring Action Day, typically early April
Scotlands Viva Vauxhall at Crail
OH HELLO!!!
Retro Rides Weekender
Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th May 2018
Goodwood Circuit
Saturday : Track action, special themed paddock displays, trade stands, retro parking through the venue
Sunday : Club stands on track, club/group promenade/parade laps, special themed paddock displays, trade stand

PVS (no dates as yet) - POD
Retro Show - POD (usually the weeka fter PVS)
Tatttttton northern show thing?
VBOA show is (as many of you who use FB know), is pencilled in for 13/14/15th of July, many comments taken on board WRGT the layout etc but the important one is there will be a BAR friday and saturday nights, along with Bands on both nights, IIRC Hendrix will try and get his lot on the line up :)
RRG -Shelseleeseey Walsh(if they let us back in.... Daz, behave you whore)
Collective, if it still eixsts?
TRAX? does anyone care?
PVS2 (assumed to be cancelled lol)

I'd LOVE to do a euro show next year, nothing tooooooo far, but something Dutch or German would work, any thoughts?

As ever, where possible PNG would like to try and help with ticket prices, but its not always possible. Theb Loonaque will be at as many shows as possible (Combe will be ticky as they dont permit charcoal BBQ but do let Gas in, so mods needed), with complimentary food and soft drinks where possible.

I've always gone solo at car shows WRT family, but next year littleung (well shes not so little at a tall 9yr old) will be joining me for atleast the VBOA weekend, so that will focus the mind on helping to sort fun stuff to do there, she may join for other shows too, so a nice big push to make it as family yet wreckless as possible will be on the table. Also I believe its some sort of Nova landmark year Boffer posted on FB about something, cant recall what it was but its a big number lol

Get yer cars out next year folks!
talk, abuse, etc.... I 100% expect a moan about photos here (I've been given the link to the retrorides thread about fixing it, and it will happen, be patient), and that FB has killed the world, so shove those comments up yer arse :)

Stuart
12-09-17, 01:30 PM
Oh, also, any small local car shows that are on most/every year near you? Then shout about them, even if its a few cars and a banner, its a win.

p.s. voulenteeeeers for events help would be more than welcomed.
pps, club packs are umm underway... only 130ish to do, I'm sorry, thats all I can say.

Nova00
12-09-17, 07:30 PM
I see Tatton got a mention !
It will again be a nova stand there 3/4 June.
As with last year possibly an offer is there to put the stand under PNG banner but otherwise it will go ahead outside of PNG.

Nova00
12-09-17, 07:36 PM
As regards overseas there are lots of possibilities

Stuart
12-09-17, 08:16 PM
As regards overseas there are lots of possibilities

Yes, lots, hence Asking.... as in, be less vague ;)

Nova00
12-09-17, 08:42 PM
we have been to
Opel show -MM Dronten Holland in the spring
Youngtimers (1970- - mid 90's ) Herten Germany a
Youngtimers Holland (since moved venue)

i cannot give any dates because not yet published

there has been Corsa A's at all three. Realistically these shows only of interest to others if intending combining with holiday/ other interests

Yes, lots, hence Asking.... as in, be less vague ;)

Stuart
12-09-17, 08:45 PM
http://www.opeltreffen-oschersleben.de/ Opel treffen looks to be 30/05/18-01/06/18

and if I'm reading right, piss cheap at 35euros for 4 days

NovalutionGSi
16-09-17, 08:52 AM
Good thinking Stu, get these sorted early.
Would the landmark be 35 years of the Nova?

Retro Rides is a must for me next year, was great, probably even the weekends as well.

Good local one, which isn't far off the A14 at Bury St Edmunds is Cars on the Green and Nowton Park. Normally is the 2nd weekend of June which clashes with the Retro Show? At Santa pod.
Been the last 3 years, however next year we're likely to miss it to go on holiday... lol

Will F
19-09-17, 08:20 AM
Re the Euro trip, we could do Wales... The Big Welsh Car Show is in a whole other country and is a national event! lol

Stuart
19-09-17, 09:52 AM
good point, well made

brucer
26-09-17, 10:47 AM
Re the Euro trip, we could do Wales... The Big Welsh Car Show is in a whole other country and is a national event! lol

A whole other country except for us.....

I'm keen for most, except now my partners opened up a shop which opens saturdays, which does limit me in some means.

Anything thats got track action, so i don't get bored by just looking at cars!

Plans really are:

Spring action day
PVS
Summer action festival
Retro Rides
Forge action day

Goodwood one sounds interesting and a euro trip, although i probably wouldn't end up going. lol

Mike
27-09-17, 12:13 AM
Let me know if you go Goodwood. I live right by it now. Ill pop in & trollolol in a proper hot hatch lol

Jack
27-09-17, 06:09 PM
Ill pop in & trollolol in a proper hot hatch lol
You replaced the Fiesta?

lol

Mike
27-09-17, 09:54 PM
You replaced the Fiesta?

lol

Stuck a K&N & Neverbeen sticker on it. +15bhp now.

Richy12
28-09-17, 06:41 AM
Total retro show worth a mention

Stuart
28-09-17, 01:00 PM
Total retro show worth a mention

yes and no, yes in that Boffer8 and Darrel are going, and im sure others will, but its also the week before RRG @ goodwood. I've managed to get a few weekend passes from the Mrs but doubt I could get them that frequently lol.

Only saw the date yesterday on FB

Mike
28-09-17, 01:56 PM
I didnt realise it was Retro rides at goodwood this year lol will give that a miss lol not my cuppa tea.

Andy
28-09-17, 04:38 PM
Is it still cool to have roof racks and rusty bonnets at that show?

L14MNP
28-09-17, 10:06 PM
I didnt realise it was Retro rides at goodwood this year lol will give that a miss lol not my cuppa tea.

They love a TDi Audi. lol

Stuart
29-09-17, 11:05 AM
Is it still cool to have roof racks and rusty bonnets at that show?

Seemingly, less so than before.
Looks like either minty mint, minty with silly engine or silly broken suspension is the core demographic from this years RRG.

Andy
29-09-17, 01:17 PM
Oh yes the "static" scene
iv seen a lot of cars lately sporting a "killer" sticker in big italic writing
Not seen "rapist","nonce" or "burglar" yet mind.

Stuart
30-09-17, 08:25 AM
lol that would be ace, although I fear hippies would get sand in their vaginas about rapist or nonce, so stick with the socially acceptable crimes :)

paul080803
04-10-17, 12:12 PM
RRG a definite for me
VBOA highly likely
35year anniversary show thing highly likely

All others are possible

boffer8
09-10-17, 10:31 AM
Total Retro for me as Goodwood is just too far and i think i'm going for the Revival next year anyways.
Tatton (hopefully) this year as was a good show the one time i've been
VBOA weekend for sure
RRG as its the best show of the year...

Then there is the 25/35 anniversary meet that is happening in the background making progress... more details will be coming out before Christmas as plans are firmed up and things are put into place.

Its my 30th next year so will be a big year outside of novas with trips so don't think ill be making many more as with the IOM TT and Revival and a few others i wont have enough time in combination with Hillclimbing...

Richy12
11-03-19, 08:45 PM
Any threads like this for 2019?

I'm thinking/trying to plan a trip to England.

Basically bring a nova, either red or yellow sr. Do billing then as many shows as possible while I keep the car in the UK in a secure garage until October.

Nova00
18-03-19, 06:06 PM
If you are thinking North West or North East then we should be having a few events including novas as many we can get out.

Any threads like this for 2019?

I'm thinking/trying to plan a trip to England.

Basically bring a nova, either red or yellow sr. Do billing then as many shows as possible while I keep the car in the UK in a secure garage until October.

total_vauxhall
18-03-19, 06:54 PM
Bruntingthorpe meet was good last year be great if something similar could be arranged again this year specialy around billing time kill 2 birds with 1 stone

Richy12
20-03-19, 10:24 AM
Glynn, Yes that's the plan. Send me over a list of all the shows with dates etc please?

Nova00
20-03-19, 09:32 PM
There are events on every week end. The ones that we will definitively have novas there will be 7 April at 3 Sisters track Wigan (usually around 15 novas). Confirmed I have 20 plus novas at Tatton 1/2 June on the stand over the weekend.
Other events currently being planned and there are at least 4 national events all in the Midlands. Too many options to list but if you have a date/ area in mind then can provide suggestions.

Glynn, Yes that's the plan. Send me over a list of all the shows with dates etc please?

Stuart
25-03-19, 11:06 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?215871-2019-shows-One-stop-shop

See here.

Richy12
25-03-19, 09:09 PM
You Stuart, are a good egg