PDA

View Full Version : Clio

Anonymous
18-02-01, 01:42 PM
Right, my daughter is about to get her first car. Will it be a Nova :)? No, she wants a Clio 1.0 -2 or a Pug 106 :( Dont ask me why - must be something to do with colours - you know what girlies are like (sorry Novachick - some girlies!) Can anyone tell me:
a. What the Glass's guide would suggest for around ?1500 i.e reg. and mileage?
b. I'm going to try a local car auction - anyone got any tips?
Cheers

Anonymous
18-02-01, 02:00 PM
you reckon youll get a pug or a clio for 1500?

Anonymous
18-02-01, 02:28 PM
for starters i would buy a nova 1st. its not cos this is a novasite, cosi dont drive a nova now. Get a nice nova, so if she has a prang the car isnt worth that much compared to that pg a pug 106 or clio.

I have a nova 4 sale if you choose to take the nova route.

Both the clio and the pug 106 are nice cars, (big up the peugeots - i drive a 306), but personally i would reccommend a nova for a starter.

right the auctions are kinda coool, if you know what they are saying.

Tips for tyhe auction
---------------------

1. Look around the car about an hour before its sposed to be entering the bidding. So you can get other peeps opinion on the car. *(as most of the peeps are in the auctions virtually everday of the week, and they will know what to look out for)

2. be @ the car when it moves, to see if there are any dodgy noises, and to see if there is any oil where the car was sat.

3. When you are in the bidding room, dont look at the auctioneer if you have a neverous twich in your head. :)

Hope i have been some help

Cheers

Davo

davo@pugtek.net

Anonymous
18-02-01, 02:54 PM
My mate bought a nice 1.4 Clio RT for ?1500 the other day. pritty good condition if thats any help. i dunno the millage though!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
18-02-01, 03:25 PM
i was going to get a clio 1.4rt. but that's cause i liked renaults! but i was happy with my nova, till yesterday! lol! still happy with it looks goods shame about the drive it don't have at the mo!

Anonymous
18-02-01, 04:03 PM
know what you mean my sister owns a 1 litre 106 and my mum owns a diesel one!!! nice huh so i say dont get a 106 cause there ugly unless you get the new style ones quicksilver gti etc.
as for the clio they aint built to last after 60k engine mounts are prone to ware and they rust real bad for there age.
so nova the way to go cheap to run insure and buy.
dont go to an auction unless you know a lot about your motors.

Anonymous
18-02-01, 05:35 PM
Its no good you guys sayin` get a Nova, if its a clio/pug she wants!

I go to the ADT auctions in Enfield on the A10. They have so many cars you normally will find what you want. Best bet is to go just to watch, and get feel for the system, then go back and play ball. You`ll definately get what you`re after for ?1500.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
18-02-01, 10:12 PM
rob the clio has 83,000 on the clock

I HATE KIDS IN THEIR MUMS CARS THAT DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO PUT PETROL IN!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
19-02-01, 08:56 AM
My bird sold her Pug 106 XT (1.1)1992-J, about 6 months ago for ?2000! The car was mint, no dents and not one spot of rust, also the car was of a higher spec (remote c-locking, tinted windows, alarm & immobiliser, body coloured bumpers etc, thats why she got so much for it. If u go to the auctions YOU WILL get one as good as hers but cheaper. The thing is its a risky business buying from auctions, everything is spontaneous and after u have bought the car they only give u 1 hour to check it out, after 1 hour they will not take the car back and u wont get your money back if the engine falls out the next day!! :D
My advice is only go if u know a lot about cars yourself or if youve a mate whos good with cars take him! ;)

Anonymous
19-02-01, 11:37 PM
My sister was the same, except that she really wanted a MKIII Fiesta!

I had an old Nova 1.2L (A-reg) 3-door, in Carnelian red, that I was selling, and she could have had it for ?220!!!

It was a good car, and because it'd been in the family for the previous 3 years (my Grandad's then mine), we knew what was wrong with it, and what was right with it, so she would have been safe having it.

Did she have it??

NOPE, she was determined to get a bloody Ford, so instead of ?220 for my old Nova, she paid ?695 for an F-reg Fiesta!

Her insurance is just over ?1K per year, and I'm sure it would have been cheaper on a Nova, but never mind....it's her money.
Her Fiesta is a nice car though, and she was lucky to get such a good one, especially for the price.

BTW, my Aunty got a K-reg Pug 106 for ?850!!!! That's right.....?850!
It's mint as well, and has only needed a new head-light relay!