PDA

View Full Version : hardest thing i've done.

Anonymous
18-02-01, 11:59 AM
My nova 1.4sr might be up for sale! i've had enough every time i look at throwing some money towards kits etc some eise comes along. It's had to previous careful bird drivers! so the seat smells nice, and me. i'm not sure how much yet? as i'll see if i sell it like this or with the prob. fixed

Anonymous
18-02-01, 12:28 PM
ignore this message, i think i'm going to give it a go! i'll get down to doing it! for now may get insured on my dad's mota!

Anonymous
18-02-01, 12:57 PM
Mate, it aint difficult or expensive to fix! :-/

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
18-02-01, 03:21 PM
how much would you charge? cause i prob. could do it but it will be a i'll do it tomorrow, for the next 6 months

Anonymous
18-02-01, 05:29 PM
I`d probably only charge about ?20 for labour, but if you do the work with me tellin ya what to do, I`ll be there for fun! Don`t bother replacing the valves, coz these days its just as cheap to find a new head. You could even try a modified head? I can remove and refit a head in a couple of hours. I`ll get a price on a head for you tomorrow. :)

Anonymous
18-02-01, 07:49 PM
YOu could also take photographs and do a guide! :D

---:D---[eyes]---B-)---
kev@novaload.net (boss man!)

Anonymous
18-02-01, 08:29 PM
Cheeky b....! :D

I`ve got poo loads of pics of my engine in development. Could do something with em? :-/

Anonymous
18-02-01, 09:53 PM
wots wrong with ur nova??

Anonymous
18-02-01, 09:53 PM
don't worry i can get a ported polished gas-flowed for... FREE!!!!!!!! That's well cheap!

Anonymous
19-02-01, 05:21 PM
When d`ya wana do it then, I`ll help ya if ya want?

Anonymous
19-02-01, 06:03 PM
i've taken off me head rocker cover found the prob straight away!! it's not bad!!!! wahey! it's just the rocker snapped to 5 pieces!! i must have revved it more than a japanese super bike!

Anonymous
19-02-01, 06:22 PM
The valves are probably bent. check em!

Anonymous
19-02-01, 06:25 PM
They should all sit in flush, and move freely.

Anonymous
19-02-01, 08:42 PM
the one that's fucked even move freely!! i can't see it being fucked! i'll check any way! i might do the head any way! does the rockers come with the head?

Anonymous
19-02-01, 09:37 PM
No

Anonymous
20-02-01, 08:32 PM
i need to investigate deeper i could have done a rod! or piston!(please go no!!) i don't care about valves! what u doing sat.? if u want(don't have too) you can come down, my mate should be coming! that'll be 3 mechanics, i'll see if i get the head of tommorrow see the damage and act to it! if it's done sat i'll go cruise but just 'run it in' put a sign on the window so no lairy scorts try me!

Anonymous
20-02-01, 08:44 PM
Right, I doubt very much if you have done any damage to a piston or rod. When the valves hit the piston, the lifters and rockers take all the punishment. You might see slight marks on the top of your pistons, but it aint too much to worry about. I am pretty sure your valves will be bent. The best way to test is to take the head off, and pour some fluid over the valves. If the fluid seeps through, then the valves are bent. I`m doin a service on Saturday, and I should be finished by midday, so I wouldnt be down until 2 or 3. I cam quite willing to come along. Let me know your address, and if you need me to bring any tools. If you can get a head, you`ll be ready for Southend!