PDA

View Full Version : What polybushes to use?

Richy12
18-06-17, 08:53 AM
Basically it's a restoration, replacing all the old bushes with new and usually I upgrade to polybushes. Heard bad reports about Flo flex? So what do you all recommend? The car is all pretty standard so not looking to spend hundreds on competition bushes and they leave the car too stiff.

Or am I better replace with standard bushes?

paul james
18-06-17, 09:05 AM
Flo flex are crap, however they are the only company that make the spring seat ones (unless things have changed).

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?212248-Never-ending-Nova-project&p=2301962&viewfull=1#post2301962

If the car is a near standard restoration and not a track car then you might as well use standard bushes I think.

BRoadGhost
18-06-17, 11:26 AM
100% not o.e rubber.

Get something like a rally design poly sport, no need even for the harder polyrace reds.

After that comes nylon, then ally, then spherical. Gain something loose something though - you'll want to loose the o.e dampers & springs going poly though ;)

Iain
19-06-17, 07:58 AM
SuperPro/SuperFlex are the best quality bushes I've used by far. Single piece, very well made.

RallyDesign are only recommended for price BRoad.

BRoadGhost
19-06-17, 07:58 PM
Disagree. Poly race are faultless in my 10 year experience of it.

Iain
19-06-17, 08:06 PM
Let's agree to disagree to agree you're wrong.

House
19-06-17, 09:15 PM
I think you two should settle this with a straightener on the cobbles.

Never met the Ghost but my money's on Iain, he's an animal in the bedroom so can only imagine he's a handful in the ring!!

As for bushes, I don't know what's on the nova now but have used Super Pro on my Leon and they were good.

Stuart
19-06-17, 09:39 PM
Does Broad even have a nova let alone something with the prowess to determine bush quality? lol

slimtater
19-06-17, 10:50 PM
Powerflex

Southie
20-06-17, 01:19 AM
I'll back broadghost to make it more interesting, also powerflex are the best fit but very expensive, rally design do a good substitute... had a set of polyrace on my old white nova and were fantastic... that was over 10 years ago so things may have changed.

boffer8
20-06-17, 11:23 AM
I'd recommend these guys:

http://www.strongflex.eu/en/

Got them throughout on the saloon and never had a days drama with them, fitted really nicely and still as nice now

BRoadGhost
22-06-17, 09:11 AM
TBH you don't even want bushes with any deflection; its time to man the fcuk up & put sphericals everywhere. Making a shortwheelbase accurate is no bad thing, just means springs & tyres do the work.