PDA

View Full Version : Battery Dying

madafwo
27-09-03, 05:14 PM
I have a rather annoying problem at the moment, every night I have to change and recharge the battery on my 1.2. I have a feeling that its somehting to do with the alternator but I dont know too much so I was wondering if anybody could help me, also I know its under the wrong section but my stereo wont hold its presets even before the battery problem poppped up, any help would be much appriciated.

Cheers

epo
27-09-03, 05:23 PM
id say its ur alternator earth cable it was the problem with mine
it wudnt hold ne charge as it had snapped

as for the stereo id say uve got ur ignition live and ur perminant live the wrong way round

locky
27-09-03, 05:23 PM
Check u aint left nething on!!!!!
Battery could b naff, so try changing that, chech alt belt tension is ok, should twist 180 degrees if all that is ok, check the wires are on the alternator, if all that is ok, it is prob the alternator itself!

Gazza14SR
27-09-03, 05:27 PM
for the problem with the stereo, i had the same. For it to remeber track on place on a cd, volume, clock, settings etc i connected the yellow to red and red to yellow behind the headunit instead of yellow to yellow, red to red.

hope this helps.

Novas.5u.com-Chris
27-09-03, 05:50 PM
The radio is problem is as Gazza said, swap the wires behind at the back of the radio.
A quick and simple way to check ur alternator is to take it to somewhere like quick fit and ask them to check it. It will probably cost you nothing cos' all they've got to do is connect a multi meter across the battery and see what its reading with the engine running

pickle
27-09-03, 06:59 PM
i had this problem a few month ago, it turned out to be my alarm. it was fucked and i had to get a cobra alarm. what kinda alarm u got? if any.

Alex
27-09-03, 07:19 PM
check to see if the brushes on your alternator are worn

Check live & switched live connections on stereo

mikeoxford
28-09-03, 12:50 AM
kwik fit round by us does free checks (in an effort for you to buy something thats broke i guess)

so check it out with them...........