PDA

View Full Version : 1.6i 8v conversion

chrissmith1990
04-05-17, 04:20 PM
hi not sure if this is in the right place correct me if im wrong

i have currently just put a 1.6i C16SE engine with 5 speed box into my vauxhall nova 1.2i.

the car runs fine im have a few issues with it stalling when i come to a stop! i have wired in the speed sensor but still have the same problems anyone got any advise for me on what i can do to fix this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iain
05-05-17, 07:59 AM
Did it idle successfully in the donor car? If yes, I would look for air leaks. I didn't think they needed any special wiring affecting idling like the 16vs.

chrissmith1990
06-05-17, 11:08 AM
yea the engine in the otther car was fine i drove it 90mile back to where i live... where would the air leak be and whats the process of checking?? the nova idles perfect untill driven

millworm
06-05-17, 11:15 AM
Check for air leaks by spraying some wd40 around the gaskets ect making sure it can't get straight into the air filter obviously and listening for a rev increase. Check your also getting a live and earth at speed sensor. Black is switched live and brown is earth.

chrissmith1990
06-05-17, 11:30 AM
speed senor checks out fine when i check it the other day.. ill try an search for air leaks see what i come up with... if no air leaks are fount what else coukd this be?

stuartyj21
21-06-17, 03:48 PM
check if the timing need slightly adjusted.