PDA

View Full Version : A birthday for the new car!

Tazzy
27-09-03, 03:51 PM
With thanks to a member on here, I have acquired a new motor, a Nova Spin in Glacier White, but the fabulous GTE had to go the other way, an end of an era, but to move on, first thing I thought to do was to clean the Spinster up, so I have just come back from Fletchers Auto store and bought the following items!

Spray Upholstery Cleaner ?3.99
Foam Upholstery Cleaner ?3.49
Turtle Wax ?4.49
Car Shampoo ?3.49
White Primer ?4.99
Paint Chip Remover ?4.99
Glacier White Paint ?3.49
Glacier White Paint ?3.49
Lacquer ?3.99
Lacquer ?3.99
T-Cut ?8.99
Glass Cleaner ?4.99
WD40 ?3.19
MP/Haynes Nova Manuel ?19.99

Total = ?77.56

Are there any other cleaning products I have missed to buy? Any engine stuff?

happy cleaning!

epo
27-09-03, 05:05 PM
is the upholstry cleaner ne gud

ade
27-09-03, 06:58 PM
GUNK is good for engine cleaner. About ?5 a can.

Foam upholsters cleaners only as goos as the dirt thats been ingraned into the seats.

TBC - 11+yr old car with 11+yr old seats with 11+ yrs of accumulated farts and god knows what else seeped into them!

:x :o :lol:

I'd be taking them out and steam cleaning them m8! (thats what I did on mine!)

Then use the nice autoglym upholstery cleaner to restore that "new car" smell!

Ade

epo
27-09-03, 07:05 PM
i need 2 clean me cobras bought of me mate who scrapped his turbo
god knows wot he's done in em judgin by 1 of the stains id say his missus got a little excited (least i hope it's his lass and not him :? )

Tazzy
28-09-03, 11:53 AM
thats why ive bought the spray and foam upholstery cleaners, and a leather cleaner, i want the car so clean, the queen could sit in it!

and as im not going to have smoking, food, drink or pets in the car, it should remain fairly clean!

ill be taking out the seats, and panels and polishing them all up, theres no point in only doing half a job!

mikeoxford
28-09-03, 12:22 PM
:lol: i wouldda thought 15 yr old f@rts would have evaporated by now?

Tazzy
28-09-03, 12:33 PM
its the stains though, looks terrible, but once its all clean, itll look brand new!

krobinson
28-09-03, 01:05 PM
Have you any pic's of the car? whats it like for rust etc?

Keith

Tazzy
28-09-03, 04:11 PM
i dont have any pics of it yet, and arent likely to, both my cameras are bust, but once its all clean, ill keep it updated, big plans for it!

and , nope, no rust at all, its a minter spin-ster!

Fester
28-09-03, 04:29 PM
good purchase!

its the law to go out and blow hefty amounts of cash on cleaning stuff :lol:

Tazzy
28-09-03, 04:45 PM
lol, i apoligize if my top post has come across in a bragging nature, it doesnt mean so!

im just a little excited, like a child at christmas with a new toy! :D

im not too keen on a dirty car, ive just spent the last yr and half cleaning the GTE, it was in better coniditon than when i bought it, i hope the new owner has fun with it!

ive now got the car i wanted, a mk2 1.2i, so the first thing to naturly do is clean it up, once that is done, then the modding begins!

im goin euro style, ive already de-badged the bonnet, and started cleaning!