PDA

View Full Version : Front Panel replacement

NovalutionGSi
23-04-17, 10:50 AM
At some stage soon i'm going to have to get the front panel changed.

now this is something that I've never done and also haven't the required skills to do it either so this will have to be farmed out...:eek:

Anyway, my question is, when buying the full front panel does this also include the lower cross member? this is the area showing most concern.

Richy12
23-04-17, 03:20 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?131040-*How-To*-Replace-a-Complete-Front-Panel

Have a look here

NovalutionGSi
23-04-17, 08:40 PM
Well that helps on the work. But not the parts.

millworm
23-04-17, 09:56 PM
It's actually not a hard job, I like to keep as much in the way of wings and bonnet on as it gives you a good reference to weld the new one on. I sometimes weld a brace on the front of the car if I know it's not going to be done in a day.

totalnova
23-04-17, 10:22 PM
You can just buy the crossmember separately if that's the only bit causing you an issue.
when I did mine I also welded in a brace before cutting out the old one to keep everything nice and square.

NovalutionGSi
23-04-17, 11:17 PM
Looking at it, I'd probably do the whole front and have done with it.

Now it's the toss up between genuine or pattern.. want to replace a wing as well over the winter so I best get some money together! Lol

brainsnova
24-04-17, 12:32 AM
You used to or still get the lower section with crossmember and it gets welded on at the front edge of the headlight panel base and that saves removing the top section if it's in good condition

NovalutionGSi
24-04-17, 08:51 AM
to be honest, the top is good but I think if i'm doing this then it gets all done.