PDA

View Full Version : Tech help

wwmnw
06-03-17, 09:22 PM
Smashed the screen on my phone (Sony Z5 compact) is there any way of backing it up before restoring factory settings?

totalnova
06-03-17, 09:53 PM
What are you trying to save pictures and numbers? I'm sure you can sync the phone will google and it will save all that for you on its cloud

wwmnw
06-03-17, 09:58 PM
Yeah pics videos, full backup basically, to my computer so I can put it all back on when the phone is fixed/replacement sent.

brainsnova
06-03-17, 10:56 PM
You can have a screen fixed without restoring it then everything is still on it

wwmnw
07-03-17, 05:55 PM
Last time I sent a phone away they restored factory settings so I'd rather not take the risk, I was hoping there is a cable I can plug from my pc-phone-mouse like 3 connectors, as I can use the mouse to control the phone.

Royston
07-03-17, 06:25 PM
should be able to back it upon a computer, plug it in and it will ask if you wish load software onto the pc to enable you to do so, I have an Xperia

Jack
07-03-17, 06:30 PM
^ this.

Or just stick it on a Unix based machine and copy the entire contents of the phone, saves having to fanny around with apps to do it for you lol

[edit] Or try repairing it yourself, replacing a screen isn't usually that hard

wwmnw
07-03-17, 09:07 PM
should be able to back it upon a computer, plug it in and it will ask if you wish load software onto the pc to enable you to do so, I have an Xperia

So just plug the phone in and it should auto backup? Keep in mind I cant use the phone when its plugged into the computer with the screen broken, so cant select the option up backup (three options come up on the phone screen)

^ this.

Or just stick it on a Unix based machine and copy the entire contents of the phone, saves having to fanny around with apps to do it for you lol

[edit] Or try repairing it yourself, replacing a screen isn't usually that hard

Well I did think about it but if I break it properly then I'll just have to pay to get it fixed again lol

brainsnova
07-03-17, 11:23 PM
Look up a video and see how easy it is