PDA

View Full Version : Removing heater+heater vents/hazard panel

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
20-02-17, 04:06 PM
Hopefully people will know what I'm referring to on a mk1 dash, I'm looking to take the panel off to get to the heater switch behind to see if I have dislodged a wire as I have no heaters and it's fecking cold lollollol

House
20-02-17, 04:32 PM
push the middle vents all he way so they're blowing air upwards, you should see 2 screws up in the top, remove ashtray and I think there are 2 screws there aswell, been a long time since I removed one!!! but it's easy enough.

brainsnova
20-02-17, 09:26 PM
Most people but not me use a hammer to remove it lol

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
20-02-17, 09:57 PM
push the middle vents all he way so they're blowing air upwards, you should see 2 screws up in the top, remove ashtray and I think there are 2 screws there aswell, been a long time since I removed one!!! but it's easy enough.

You my man are a life savour mr house! Was wondering why the bottom unclipped and the top wouldn't come away lollol

Most people but not me use a hammer to remove it lol

definantly heard the quote "if in doubt get the hammer out" once or twice before lollollol

House
20-02-17, 10:49 PM
No drama mate

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
20-02-17, 11:15 PM
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/Pugmanash/IMG_1607_zpseyiysipb.jpg (http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/Pugmanash/media/IMG_1607_zpseyiysipb.jpg.html)

Anyone able to translate this into English lollollol fuses seem to be good from what I can see, all leads seem to be plugged in the unit snugly but the light for the heater button doesn't come on and when you turn the heater on there's still no power, anybody came across this before as I'm struggling to find the source :confused::confused:

Jack
20-02-17, 11:29 PM
Might be a daft question but the heater controls, are the cables behind them still connected at either end? That could explain the lack of heat.

As for the light, I'm not overly familiar with Mk1 dash (because it's shit) but if it uses the crappy little tiny bulbs they've probably blown

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
20-02-17, 11:33 PM
Might be a daft question but the heater controls, are the cables behind them still connected at either end? That could explain the lack of heat.

As for the light, I'm not overly familiar with Mk1 dash (because it's shit) but if it uses the crappy little tiny bulbs they've probably blown

do you mean are they still connected to the heater switch chap? If so then yes mate as I've just checked I have even unplugged them and plugged them back in and still no power, it's strange they were working before hand but now they're not?

brainsnova
21-02-17, 04:32 PM
Did you disconnect the live from the battery at anytime

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
21-02-17, 04:43 PM
Not that I know of? Would this upset it? How could I rectify the issue and resolve it chap??

total_vauxhall
21-02-17, 04:58 PM
Is the blower actualy working . could have seized or wire come off in the engine bay.

8valve-craig
21-02-17, 05:23 PM
This sounds like it needs diagnosing properly through the OBD port.

total_vauxhall
21-02-17, 06:50 PM

Hahaha . im sure novas are obd2 arnt they

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
21-02-17, 08:10 PM
Is the blower actualy working . could have seized or wire come off in the engine bay.

No power to the motor what so ever not even blowing any air at all I turn the blowers on and nothing happens

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
21-02-17, 08:10 PM

Gots to upgrade to opcom lollollol

Jonesfach
21-02-17, 09:59 PM
Have you got a multimeter to check you are getting power to the switch? First point of call.

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
21-02-17, 10:20 PM
Have you got a multimeter to check you are getting power to the switch? First point of call.

Will check this in the morning and go from there, strange it worked before but now not working :confused::confused:

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
22-02-17, 05:28 PM
Multimeter testing done I'm getting 12.97v without car running and 14.something vaults when car is staryed (which is right and how it should be on the black and brown wire) so there's power coming through but still no light and still no heaters coming on, could this mean either a new switch or possible new heater box??

carls nova sri
22-02-17, 06:13 PM
Check to see if you have power to the fan via the switched wire should have no power when switch is off an turn switch on an should have power if not then your switch is naffed

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
22-02-17, 08:08 PM
Will see if I can sort it either in a little while or tomorrow chap :)

Jonesfach
22-02-17, 10:37 PM
Check to see if you have power to the fan via the switched wire should have no power when switch is off an turn switch on an should have power if not then your switch is naffed

This. The resistors are on top of the fan so whichever position...1/2/3 I think you will see 12 v or thereabouts on every position.. Unless someone will correct me.