PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Sport Engine In Nova...?

andyrs1800
27-09-03, 12:53 AM
Hello people, Thinking of selling the fez and getting a Nova SRi, Just wanted to know how easy a 1.4i 16v Corsa sport engine would go into a nova, what needs to be done and the cost etc?
Love the sound of these engines with a induction kit and exhaust also they go well to, think it would go nice in a nova...

Cheers People...

dave.gsi
27-09-03, 01:00 AM
i think they do go in but why bother when you can fit the 1.6 16V

andyrs1800
27-09-03, 01:07 AM
Yea i know, its just that its the same size engine for insurance reasons really, Just like fitting a newer engine, Not bothered eather way,

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/1113big.jpghttp://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/170big8.jpg

Dicko
27-09-03, 09:57 AM
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=279

thsts my car with the 1.6 16v. its not that hard. id say a day to swp it over if u have an injection based model like an sri.

few things to consider..

exhuast - 16v manifold, sri downpipe, nova gte system/box.

keep the water hoses off the engine u take out as u need some of them aswell as the 16v pipes. m

make sure u get the loom/ecu and that the ecu isnt 'locked' like it has an imobiliser built in.

uses same gearbox/shafts (f13/f15)

andyrs1800
27-09-03, 10:04 AM
Nice 1 dude, What do i need to do with the loom, do i just need part of the corsa loom, So i use the Nova gearbox or the corsa one, Are the engine mounts the same?
Hope to get a Nova sri so it will be fuel injected, then i gonna get all the bits i need then me and a mate will spend a day or so and get it swapped,

andyrs1800
27-09-03, 10:05 AM
Ps... thats a sweet Nova ya got there,

andyrs1800
28-09-03, 04:00 PM
Any1???

CP
28-09-03, 06:14 PM
The engine you have posted up on the left is mine.

I cant see that there are any substantial problems. Mine actually uses a Nova 1.4 block and box.

I think dicko has coverd it all really. External dimensions and mounting for the blocks and g/boxes are all the same AFAIK.

andyrs1800
28-09-03, 06:21 PM
Cheers buddy, would like to put the full corsa engine and gearbox in the car, would that be possible and use all same mounts?
If so what wiring would need to be done? and what other things like ECU, will it just plug in,
I have never changed a engine before you see,

Cheers,

bad_boy_nova
29-09-03, 10:43 AM
Hey Andy, it will be a piece of p*ss man! I changed the engine, gearbox, some of the loom, fuel tank, fuel lines etc.. on mine in 1 day. Get it done lad and if you need any help, give me a shout as im only round the corner.

Dicko
29-09-03, 11:02 AM
if you get an sri mind you dont get 1 with an F10 gearbox or that wont fit the 16v engine!!

most people sell the 16v engines with gearbox so no worrys..

andyrs1800
04-10-03, 06:20 PM
Am i right in thinking that the corsa gearbox would have a nicer feel to it than a nova sri box... Maybe i am wrong,
Also what sorta money would i have to pay out for engine, box and loom? And also how much of the loom do i need? just the bit around the engine or the full loom?

Sorry for all the questions but wanna get this sorted in my head...

Cheers, Andy...

andyrs1800
04-10-03, 06:26 PM
Hey Andy, it will be a piece of p*ss man! I changed the engine, gearbox, some of the loom, fuel tank, fuel lines etc.. on mine in 1 day. Get it done lad and if you need any help, give me a shout as im only round the corner.

Nice 1 lee... Gonna have to get me a project car, then got to find engine and box and whateva else is needed, then me and you can fit it in a weekend, i'll give ya some cash for it dude...
Gonna clean out the engine bay and get it sorted, gonna get a set of red hoses and some other Goodies to make it look sweet first... :D

Ps... u still aint took me for a spin yet lee... and chapman to... i used to drive you 2 everywhere... Grrr... :P