PDA

View Full Version : Gm's potential sale of vauxhall and opel

millworm
14-02-17, 12:51 PM
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/gm-plans-sale-vauxhall-and-opel-brands-psa

raf24
14-02-17, 01:48 PM
So the newer vauxhalls will be even more shit than they are now lol

L14MNP
14-02-17, 03:40 PM
A Vauxhall could finally have a decent diesel engine!

millworm
14-02-17, 03:41 PM
Better than the fiat diesels they use at the moment! Although the izuzu ones are a good lump

Andy
14-02-17, 05:26 PM
Better than the fiat diesels they use at the moment! Although the izuzu ones are a good lump
What have you had go wrong with the fiat Diesel engine?

Stuart
14-02-17, 05:33 PM
Given fiat get most of their Derv tech from psa who shared with ford etc lol it's all incestuous

id imagine things like the corsa and 208 range would platform share etc, unless Vauxhall do a Saab and change everything lol

millworm
14-02-17, 06:25 PM
What have you had go wrong with the fiat Diesel engine?

The 1300 isnt a bad lump, just slow. The 1900 is a good engine when they're not eating their swirl flaps, snapping cam belts, needing turbos and dpfs. I must say I work in fleet so maybe it's only the fact I deal with high mileage ones. Most of our 1.3's are on about 40k so not that high although I did have a few doblos snap cams around 10k

philly
14-02-17, 06:44 PM
Agree with Stu about the crossovers, psa already do it between Citroen-Peugeot and even branched into the Toyota market with the aygo 107 c1
be interesting to see what happens, Gm aren't daft they are probably flogging the dead Europe a weight

brucer
19-02-17, 08:08 PM
The 1300 isnt a bad lump, just slow. The 1900 is a good engine when they're not eating their swirl flaps, snapping cam belts, needing turbos and dpfs. I must say I work in fleet so maybe it's only the fact I deal with high mileage ones. Most of our 1.3's are on about 40k so not that high although I did have a few doblos snap cams around 10k

The 1900s are the shizzle.

Ive done 80k in my Vectra and my cambelt hasn't snapped, turbos working as it should, no DPF to worry about and my flappers have been mapped out. I'd defo have another any day, the diesel in the insignia seems poop.

NovalutionGSi
20-02-17, 10:13 AM
The 1900s are the shizzle.

Ive done 80k in my Vectra and my cambelt hasn't snapped, turbos working as it should, no DPF to worry about and my flappers have been mapped out. I'd defo have another any day, the diesel in the insignia seems poop.

Same with my Astra, deflapped and Egr removed. Not had Cambelt or turbo fail, alternator failed and the boost solenoid replaced.

L14MNP
22-02-17, 02:33 AM
Agree with Stu about the crossovers, psa already do it between Citroen-Peugeot and even branched into the Toyota market with the aygo 107 c1
be interesting to see what happens, Gm aren't daft they are probably flogging the dead Europe a weight

Hmmm. The American taxpayer may disagree!
As for the PSA diesel engines, I have had no issues with them in Ford's, or a BINI. I think they are great. The Fiat ones seem fairly decent as well, TBF.