PDA

View Full Version : After removing underseal?

leggattr
11-02-17, 05:43 PM
So this has just taken around 2 days to do and it's probably 95% removed bar a few very thin bits here and there (bear in mind this was done on my back!)
ive got welding to do on the floor pan and sills but my question is after it's removed does anyone give it a clean over with anything before the etch goes on?, just to make sure it's clean from dirt etc

totalnova
11-02-17, 06:23 PM
You should be able to get it spotless with a wire brush on the grinder, then etch primer it.

leggattr
11-02-17, 06:31 PM
Couldn't find one with the right size thread for my makita grinder. Got a few for a drill but both of mine were not powerful enough to do the job. Flapping discs done the job for me

total_vauxhall
11-02-17, 08:12 PM
Just thinners or panel wipe . get plenty of etch on there in every nuck n cranny that rust is a killer

Andy
11-02-17, 08:18 PM
Respect for doing it on ya back,I did it about 10years ago and it's absolutely soul destroying.
putting them on their side makes it 1000 times easier

leggattr
11-02-17, 08:34 PM
Only have a small pre flab garage so space is limited. Getting some use of the Halfords car creeper now tho. I can see the damage it has already done, but I will progress never the less

Andy
12-02-17, 09:32 AM
It is possible to turn them over inside though.mine was only small