PDA

View Full Version : Heaters not working!!!

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
04-02-17, 02:38 AM
Hey guys wondering if someone could shed some light on this? I had heaters when driving back from Telford after buying the car, parked it up and since then I've wired in a modern CD player with a fresh wiring loom, I have changed fuses and looked at them none seem to be blown other then a 20a fuse which I changed thinking was the cause and still no heaters kicking in?? Can anyone shed some light on what could be the possible cause as it's fecking freezing in the nova without heaters :confused: lol lol

NovalutionGSi
04-02-17, 11:37 AM
I can think of a few things here.
1, do you have the centre vents open? If you do they are straight from the blower motor and the outside... the ones that will have heat will be the side vents.
2, heater matrix blocked up? Had this on my GSi, gradually got colder and colder. So dropped off the pipes to the matrix in the engine bay, hooked up a hose pipe on both sides and then turned the tap on... nothing came out.... turned the tap up slightly and out came a load of gunk... after that flushed it through, connected it back to the car, filled up the water and had better heat out of it!

kevy.m
04-02-17, 11:49 AM
Hey guys wondering if someone could shed some light on this? I had heaters when driving back from Telford after buying the car, parked it up and since then I've wired in a modern CD player with a fresh wiring loom, I have changed fuses and looked at them none seem to be blown other then a 20a fuse which I changed thinking was the cause and still no heaters kicking in?? Can anyone shed some light on what could be the possible cause as it's fecking freezing in the nova without heaters :confused: lol lol

Id have a good guess its your shit wiring skills lol try undoing your cd player wiring & see if it comes back on,

Check power to the motor & power to the switch could try a live feed to both & see if it powers up ;)

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
05-02-17, 12:08 AM
Id have a good guess its your shit wiring skills lol try undoing your cd player wiring & see if it comes back on,

Check power to the motor & power to the switch could try a live feed to both & see if it powers up ;)

lmfao cheeky fucker lol I'll have you know my wiring skills aren't to bad when I finally figure out what I'm doing lol lol where's the best live feed to test from to see if it powers up? I was guessing maybe whilst pulling the new harness through I may have pulled a cable or dislodged a cable?

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
05-02-17, 12:12 AM
I can think of a few things here.
1, do you have the centre vents open? If you do they are straight from the blower motor and the outside... the ones that will have heat will be the side vents.
2, heater matrix blocked up? Had this on my GSi, gradually got colder and colder. So dropped off the pipes to the matrix in the engine bay, hooked up a hose pipe on both sides and then turned the tap on... nothing came out.... turned the tap up slightly and out came a load of gunk... after that flushed it through, connected it back to the car, filled up the water and had better heat out of it!

would a blocked heater matrix stop the whole heater from blowing? Litterally seems like there's no power going on at all thinking back to wiring in the stereo I was abit hasty to get the new CD player loom in so maybe dislodged a cable? Defo do need to drop off the matrix hoses though as they arent blowing hot they seem to blow warm not hot and not cold just in between, if all else fails I got a new heater matrix to go in brand new unused :)

kevy.m
05-02-17, 12:45 PM
lmfao cheeky fucker lol I'll have you know my wiring skills aren't to bad when I finally figure out what I'm doing lol lol where's the best live feed to test from to see if it powers up? I was guessing maybe whilst pulling the new harness through I may have pulled a cable or dislodged a cable?

LOl prob easy just to take a feed from the battery straight to it ;)

Yes easy done to pull a wire or connection off I done a few wiring jobs last year which included 3 loom changes for conversions bloody nightmare
cause I didn't have a clue either lol

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
05-02-17, 01:53 PM
LOl prob easy just to take a feed from the battery straight to it ;)

Yes easy done to pull a wire or connection off I done a few wiring jobs last year which included 3 loom changes for conversions bloody nightmare
cause I didn't have a clue either lol

As they say chap practise makes perfect, just learn by our mistakes and start again lol will have to inspect it today see if I've dislodged a wire as it's freezing and heaters are certainly needed in this cold harsh winter year lol lol

kevy.m
05-02-17, 02:59 PM
As they say chap practise makes perfect, just learn by our mistakes and start again lol will have to inspect it today see if I've dislodged a wire as it's freezing and heaters are certainly needed in this cold harsh winter year lol lol

Ye can do what my mate does in his old land rover..........he takes a hot water bottle with him lol

brainsnova
05-02-17, 06:53 PM
Is the blower motor working but not as hot as it once was

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
05-02-17, 11:36 PM
Ye can do what my mate does in his old land rover..........he takes a hot water bottle with him lol

now that isn't such a bad idea at all I'll give all my passengers including me a hot water bottle lol lol lol heaters are over rated lol

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
05-02-17, 11:38 PM
Is the blower motor working but not as hot as it once was

It did when when I was coming back from Telford in the nova but since wiring in my new loom for the stereo it doesn't seem to switch on at all, haven't had chance to have a look at it today as been mega busy but I'm thinking I may of nudged a wire as I was pushing the cables down behind the dash to have the CD player fit snug

philly
11-02-17, 07:30 PM
Is it working on speed 3 and just not speed 1&2

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
12-02-17, 12:43 AM
Neither mate not working at all, still haven't sourced the issue as of yet due to crap weather and being flat out busy will have to get around to this, also got to sort out the choke as the car seems to not want to start when cold so give it abit of fuel and try's to start but as soon as I let off a little of the gas it cuts out think my choke might need adjusting or could be my ht leads so these 2 issues will need rectifying at some point

philly
12-02-17, 09:06 AM
Check your motor if you can turn it by hand on the blower. Could be coincidence unless it is just a plug dislodged. Speed 3 operates on its own perm feed mine only work on 3 at minute as think my switch knackered

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
12-02-17, 02:01 PM
Check your motor if you can turn it by hand on the blower. Could be coincidence unless it is just a plug dislodged. Speed 3 operates on its own perm feed mine only work on 3 at minute as think my switch knackered

1-4 litterally no power chap I've checked fuses and fuses are all good so I'm kind of hoping it's just a dislodged cable :confused: