PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a former member, 17yrs ago!

ady365
24-01-17, 07:18 PM
Hi all

I was an avid Nova fan and a member of the group about 16odd years ago!
Ive still got my ole GTE in my garage and just rekindling my love for the little beasts, I can't believe how much they are worth now!
Ive always had a soft spot for them and owned a dozen or so of them over the years, including a red top powered SR!

Anyone around the East Anglia region ?

ben doodar
24-01-17, 08:19 PM
Welcome back. Yh prices of them have rocketed the last few years. Any pics of your nova? Does it need much work, what's the plans for it?

7ova
24-01-17, 08:57 PM
Welcome back
Like Ben said any photos?

Royston
24-01-17, 10:16 PM
Welcome back ;)

NovalutionGSi
25-01-17, 06:17 AM
Hi all

I was an avid Nova fan and a member of the group about 16odd years ago!
Ive still got my ole GTE in my garage and just rekindling my love for the little beasts, I can't believe how much they are worth now!
Ive always had a soft spot for them and owned a dozen or so of them over the years, including a red top powered SR!

Anyone around the East Anglia region ?

Welcome back.
There are a few of us about in the East. Where in EA are you?

ady365
03-02-17, 12:21 AM
Im in Ipswich.
No photos at the moment, I have some old polaroids somewhere, didn't have smart phones last time I was burning about in the novas ��

Ill Ll get some photos next time I wheel it out the garage!

Id like to get my GTE back on the road sometime soon, it doesn't need a lot, a couple of arches and pair or wings that's about it. It's actually pretty solid. Where's the best place to get panels from these days?

brainsnova
03-02-17, 12:36 AM
Best place is a road trip to Germany as I wouldn't risk hard to find panels getting wrecked during shipping. Sometime wings and arches pop up on here from time to time or on eBay but pick up only. Genuine is best as the copy's are not up to my standards

brainsnova
03-02-17, 12:40 AM
See here http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?214306-Nova-parts-trip-2017-again-all-NEW-and-Original-body-parts!!

Benn
03-02-17, 01:53 PM
Welcome back. Photo's are deffo needed.

NovalutionGSi
04-02-17, 11:50 AM
Defo get some pictures next time you're in the garage.

EBay or here is a good source of parts, or autojumbles too.
A lot on here would only go genuine panels, mainly because they are a better fit than the pattern parts, but it all comes down to how much you want to spend.
I've seen silly prices for new wings, yet I picked up one at billing the other Year for £45, granted it is a pattern part, but any good body shop will be able to make it fit.