PDA

View Full Version : cavvy handles on nova doors - how to fix to the latch

olly55
26-09-03, 07:39 PM
hi i kno its a long shot but sum1 else mus thave dun this mod iv fitted cavvy handles to my nova doors, the bodyshop have painted the doors n haldes etc and i jus had a fonecall,

the bar from the cavvy door handles that fixes to the l;atch wont fit because of the leccy windows installed runs right in its way

does any1 know wat i should do? coz this leaves me high n dry,

do i use the old nova bar as surley that wud bypass round the leccy windows as the yr all the same on every nova or wat?

ade
27-09-03, 12:59 PM
if you mean the long bar that runs the length of the door it should be possible to bend it to get round. I've not done this mod so am working fro hypotheticals...if the rod it too short you may need to use an extension - bit of metal that 2 bars can slot into and is tightened with boltsd (like electrical connector blocks but for bars).

Think its gonna need a bit of bodging.

Got any pics?

mikeoxford
27-09-03, 11:31 PM
ade he is on about the exteior handles i think.......

i cant speak from experience, but i agree, itll be a case of looking and bodging something together. you may have been abe to use parts or linkages readily available off the cav etc etc but if the bodyshop havent quite put the handles close enough or far enough away etc the rods wont reach. so itll be a custom jobby.

operate the handle and see what moves, then look at which bit of the lock moves. try and fabricate something between

olly55
28-09-03, 09:13 AM
lol all it was was shorten the bar a lil bit and bend it round, i posted all that b4 i saw the prob myself i worked it out pretty quik lol

the 3 blokes at the bodyshop were like 'u ****'