PDA

View Full Version : Things that piss you off in the workplace thread!!

torquey
18-01-17, 06:13 PM
I will start everything and everyone!!!!! :mad:

turbojolt
18-01-17, 06:30 PM
Recently being told as a team we wasn't making the company enough money...only to find out they spent thousands taking all the management out for a Christmas piss up while we all received fuck all

torquey
18-01-17, 07:12 PM
About right sounds like our place! They get taken on holidays and get given tickets to watch bike racing and we get nothing. They just want more and more out of you. Also working with 1st class tossers who are all coke heads and carnt even do the job.

Stuart
18-01-17, 08:52 PM
I'd best not.... lol

Royston
18-01-17, 09:06 PM
Had a poor supervisor for 2 years, clueless doesn't come close, lodged complaint with manager and HR, told it was just me and my other senior colleague complaining, so found another job, significant pay rise, and currently enjoying a month of gardening leave around my 50th birthday (today)

All good ;)

Andy
18-01-17, 09:11 PM
I'd best not.... lol
Yeah,people should think before they post.Most employment contracts have stuff in about Internet shit slinging and disreputable comments lol

turbojolt
18-01-17, 09:59 PM
I should be fine, I've had the conversation with my management team already explaining how I feel about it

torquey
18-01-17, 10:09 PM
It's just people in the place who ruin it bad management and never done the job before !

brainsnova
18-01-17, 10:28 PM
I don't work so all's good here

Stuart
19-01-17, 10:54 AM
I don't work so all's good here

I turn up (sometimes), dont do much other than causing trouble and then get paid for it :D

7ova
19-01-17, 04:43 PM
Had a poor supervisor for 2 years, clueless doesn't come close, lodged complaint with manager and HR, told it was just me and my other senior colleague complaining, so found another job, significant pay rise, and currently enjoying a month of gardening leave around my 50th birthday (today)

All good ;)

Happy b'day for yesterday ;)

Benn
19-01-17, 06:28 PM
My manager.

Hasn't a clue what he's doing. (we have to do alot of jobs for him)
He messes up order 9/10 times. (we have to fix)
He wont admit that he's messed up or wrong, always blames other people.
Messes our delivery runs about, for no reason.
Smells.
Narathes himself, in everything.... "oh must have a slurp of coffee" *slurps coffee really loudly* "where's my pen?"..... *picks up pen saying " oo here it is, that's my pen"*
Headoffice seem to love him.

8valve-craig
19-01-17, 06:41 PM
I'm self unemployed so no problems there.

turbojolt
19-01-17, 06:45 PM
I'm self unemployed so no problems there.

When I was self employed I hated my boss he was always moaning at me for being hungover at work...what a tnuc he was

mowgli
19-01-17, 09:12 PM
erm..... where to start........

secretary who thinks its fine to stick firewood sales deliveries on a sheet of paper & not actually tell anyone about them......apparently it is telepathic paper......(we sell a lot of firewood & coming in from a day on a building site to find i've got 3hrs of deliveries gets a bit annoying

a night gritting contract where i'm on call & have to go to bed early in case i get called out... they ring at 12:30am, and want me to be on site at 2:00am.... its a 30 minute drive & i can be up & ready to go in 10 mins.. so i can't get back to sleep, then its a 2 1/2hr shift & i'm back home for 5:00am, and try to get some zzzz's before being back at work for 7:30am... if the money wasn't so good, i'd tell them where to shove it....

co workers who think my tools are free for them to nick because i have to empty my pickup to go gritting & when i get into the yard, my shovels etc have vanished....

i'm in the guinness book of records for most 10" adjustable spanners bought because my coworkers keep pissing off with them,

Royston
19-01-17, 10:10 PM
Happy b'day for yesterday ;)

Thanks ;)

Jack
19-01-17, 11:41 PM
Anyone who works in an office needs to watch this film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

House
20-01-17, 10:53 AM
People that don't put subjects in emails!! So you have to search through each of the 400 the twat has sent me to find something. I've told him I will just delete any email that he sends without a subject from now on.

I've been my own boss for 12 years, I keep trying to make myself redundant but it doesn't work

Andy
20-01-17, 12:53 PM
I sacked myself when self employed.
Id never work for myself again,we just didn't get on.

Mike
20-01-17, 08:56 PM
Anyone who works in an office needs to watch this film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

Great film lol

With the line of work i do, theres a lot of blaggers.... youtube educated fools who can talk the talk. Turn up with no tools, borrow everything, return nothing. Utter shit cunts.

Andy
20-01-17, 09:47 PM
Where I used to work we often had "welders" turn up to do weld tests.
Mig and then tig,mig would consist of "im not used to this welder" and lay down a run of mess.
tig would then just be hilarious,hearing them electrocute themselves and a big zap as the electrode is in another postcode used to make me lol It would end with it all stick to the plate,the rod welded to the tungsten and the tungsten welded to the stainless glowing red as they try to release it electrocuting themselves and burning lol lol lol

mk1nova_rich
20-01-17, 10:07 PM
I sacked myself when self employed.
Id never work for myself again,we just didn't get on.

Brilliant lol

At this moment in time I'm as close to actually 'enjoying' my job as possible. Other than our knob cheese design engineer who can't draw for shit and has zero appreciation for how stuff is made. He gets paid more even though he can't do his job properly or do mine yet I could do both.

eggy
23-01-17, 11:52 PM
Everything about my job used to piss me off, one day they asked me if I wanted to worknights for a bit . Now I love my job lol, get paid twice as much as I used to and do half as much work , dont see any of the crap that used to piss me off or the idiots that did fuck all . Have zero contact with the idiots in charge , I do my job and go home and forget all about it when I clock out . Only downside is im running out of things to read from the library

DaveMarshall
27-01-17, 07:43 AM
Brilliant lol

At this moment in time I'm as close to actually 'enjoying' my job as possible. Other than our knob cheese design engineer who can't draw for shit and has zero appreciation for how stuff is made. He gets paid more even though he can't do his job properly or do mine yet I could do both.

As an employer I would want a member of staff in your situation to come to me and show me this is the case, if you are correct then surely you would be moved up in the company.

Dave.

Royston
27-01-17, 08:05 AM
As an employer I would want a member of staff in your situation to come to me and show me this is the case, if you are correct then surely you would be moved up in the company.

Dave.

You are correct Dave, but in large companies it doesn't work like that, they prefer to defend useless people, rather than dealing with the issue, they are more likely to promote them, I kid you not!

I warned them in writing that I was reviewing my long term career plan due to issues with Mr X, and they were shocked I found another job and left.

I had my exit interview on Wednesday giving clear reasons why........... found out yesterday a close colleague having also been through the grievance procedure against the same person, is now off with work induced stress due to lack of action.

The department I worked in is falling apart, not my problem now ;)

Andy
27-01-17, 09:58 AM
Yeah exactly,good workers get kept doing what they do because they are often too valuable to lose from that area.
While lazy and wooden bastards get the promotions.Thats happened at every single place of employment iv been.i can't comment where I am now because I haven't been there long enough to know.

Stuart
27-01-17, 10:29 AM
It appears that in many walks of life, not making a decision is "better" than making the wrong one as fixing the wrong one costs time and money, but then not doing anything costs time and money anyway as we have to panic solve the issue.

I'm always up for making a choice and running with it till its proven not to work, then jump to the other solution. Live and learn and all that.

Also the less capable of doing work you are, the more likely you are to get up the ladder, since useful folks that get things done need to be kept on the ground to actually get things done. Illogical but hey

Andy
27-01-17, 11:07 AM
Hard work does not pay off.Its as simple as that lol

Royston
27-01-17, 12:34 PM

I think the issue is being too good at what you do, which inhibits progression ;)

kevy.m
27-01-17, 01:19 PM

The reward for hard work is more work lol

Andy
27-01-17, 01:35 PM
Yeah,always makes me laugh when people rock up spewing or on deaths door where you get sick pay.whats the point?! You're no better thought of!

Stuart
27-01-17, 03:23 PM
I dunno, I'm paid well for the middle useful/useless job I do lol

Not to mention the huge wedge I live on from PNG funds....

Andy
27-01-17, 05:38 PM
You could retire from the png memberships alone.You greedy sod

Jack
29-01-17, 03:59 PM
Dan spends it all on pies lol

philly
11-02-17, 07:45 PM
Scheduling team who think sending me from manchester to Birmingham is cost effective when we have 3
people down that way who aren't working! Just incase they mess up they won't take the chance, but in fact they would probably be ok or should be trained or even given the chance to see how they do! Falls on deaf ears when you explain it or explain it to our gaffa

Andy
11-02-17, 07:51 PM
Finish early and score some slags on broad street.job done lol

philly
11-02-17, 10:01 PM
Haha we went broad street for our Xmas party and it wasnt too bad but pretty quiet, our office is practically over the road from spearmint rhino but our boss thought it would be better to go some other place lol

Andy
12-02-17, 09:35 AM
I went to one called the rocket in 2004 and I was 18 year old.i spent a lot on private dancers lol lol lol
The bars were good though,from memory was just a mile long drag of boozers bars and clubs

turbojolt
15-02-17, 09:11 PM
After months and months of being told stick with us it will get better soon... I've been told as have 30 other lads we are all being let go as the contract we are on has been pulled....... Cheers lads I've been waiting for the push to move on

mowgli
16-02-17, 05:07 PM
tj, there is a distinct pattern forming here........

turbojolt
16-02-17, 10:01 PM
Mehhhh new job starting 25th of march, that was a good turn around

mowgli
17-02-17, 08:53 AM
dancer at liquorice hippo (the hottest place in Derby)?

turbojolt
17-02-17, 08:54 AM
The tips are awsome

carls nova sri
21-02-17, 11:29 AM
When people leave all there shit in your work area

Shamish82
21-02-17, 05:53 PM
When you get pulled into a meeting with 11 managers and quickly realise how far detached from reality they actually are.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

wwmnw
24-02-17, 11:16 AM
When you get to a delivery and no one has picked up the empty kegs for 3 weeks so there's about 50 and the customer naturally expects us to take them all in one go as we're in a big truck.

Also when you get back to the depot and the other lads haven't put their empties away in the right place or stacked them up so the yard is a mess of kegs so you've gotta do other peoples work for them and stack them up.

torquey
24-02-17, 05:16 PM
Bust you bollocks all month to realise the bonus scheme is a load of shite! No more !!!

carls nova sri
25-02-17, 10:49 AM
Also late finishing on a Friday

Mike
25-02-17, 06:16 PM
When 60 hrs work over 5 days isnt enough....

mowgli
25-02-17, 06:31 PM
I know this one.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Stuart
25-02-17, 07:24 PM

Keeerrrching though... unless you're a mug like me on a salary lol

Mike
25-02-17, 08:04 PM
Keeerrrching though... unless you're a mug like me on a salary lol

Contractor paid by the hour lol did over 80 hours last week. Going in tomorrow for a 10hr stint and work 14+ hr days all next week..... pays for the summer vacation i suppose lol

Couldve spent this weekend in Italy assembling a break package onto a F1 car but didnt find out about it until couple of other lads had already jumped on it!

mowgli
19-03-17, 02:17 PM
I spent a day with a mechanic fitting a secondhand gearbox to a large job loader. When it turned up on the pallet, we noticed it had a lovely thick coat of new black paint...once it was fitted & running, we realised why it was painted. It had come out of a fire damaged machine. All the seals were pissing oil cos they'd been cooked.. so I spent several hours covered in transmission oil & fitting new seals, gaskets & o rings. Finally it works

mowgli
19-03-17, 02:17 PM
I spent a day with a mechanic fitting a secondhand gearbox to a large jcb loader. When it turned up on the pallet, we noticed it had a lovely thick coat of new black paint...once it was fitted & running, we realised why it was painted. It had come out of a fire damaged machine. All the seals were pissing oil cos they'd been cooked.. so I spent several hours covered in transmission oil & fitting new seals, gaskets & o rings. Finally it works