PDA

View Full Version : Storing nova outside

torquey
17-12-16, 02:50 PM
Any good ideas? Car is sat on drive cos of garage not watertight. Opened car up today and steering wheel was green with mould. Are car covers a good idea?

Jack
17-12-16, 02:53 PM
Car covers are ok, but get a decent one so it doesn't scratch the paint. And make sure its tethered down properly!

Also stick some silica gel trays or moisture traps (or just bags of rice lol) into the car to try and soak up any moisture in there.

torquey
17-12-16, 02:56 PM
Not bothered about the paint as Iam doing the bodywork so will be getting painted. More of keeping it getting wet and damp.

leggattr
17-12-16, 03:43 PM
My garage keeps getting damp so went down the pound shop and got aload of moisture traps. Seem to do the job

Iain
17-12-16, 04:19 PM
If it's just the wheel and gearknob then don't panic its just the hand grime/sweat etc, clean them and ventilate it regularly. Mine lived outside for years and it was fine.

torquey
17-12-16, 04:23 PM
Yes wheel at the moment. Just depresses me being out in all weathers need to sort a garage out. Put some moisture traps in see if it helps. I have a tarpolin to cover but don't think that will help.

Mike
18-12-16, 12:50 AM
Ive just dumped mine on my parents drive on 4 axle stands. After about 2 years when the white paint turned green i scrapped it lol

EwanG
18-12-16, 07:06 AM
If it we're me I would just fix the garage :roll:

torquey
18-12-16, 08:36 AM
Lol not that simple needs a roof and needs other things sorting. Lack of funds at the moment.

total_vauxhall
18-12-16, 12:09 PM
To be totaly honest mate there no good outside pal even under cover as the ground ect still gets wet any andmoisture just kills em . id try rent a dry garage or somthing for now till you get sorted . having said that mine is under a cover in the garage and still gets furry stuff on the steering wheel every now and then.

torquey
18-12-16, 12:48 PM
Know what your saying pal. Need to sort something out soon as. Don't want it getting wrecked outside.