PDA

View Full Version : Front Tie bar bushes

rich a
06-12-16, 09:21 PM
Hi does anyone have the dimensions of the front tie bar bush. There for a gsi an the ones the local motor factors got me don't fit. The centre hole isn't big enough to slide over the end of the tie bar. I had a quick measure and the end of the tie bar is 20mm

cheers Rich

slimtater
06-12-16, 09:26 PM
I am sure the actual bushes are the same for all tie bars as the bit that it fits over is the same?

rich a
06-12-16, 10:05 PM
Cheers Tim at the moment I can't find any useful info even on ecat24. The end of my tie bar is 20mm and the bush is nowhere near fitting over the end. I don't know if GSI tie bars are thicker than others. If I wanted poly ones it wound be easy oe rubber seems to be a bit harder to sort.

Andy
06-12-16, 10:15 PM
Gsi gte have thicker tie bars and anti roll bars.how much were the bushes out of interest as I need a pair lol

NovalutionGSi
06-12-16, 10:18 PM
Rich, does that mean you car is going back together again?

If I was at home I'd measure the ones I took off my old GSi.

slimtater
06-12-16, 10:21 PM
I have GTE tie bars and ARB on mine and sure the tie rod bush was just a single size whereas the ARB bushes had options:
https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/products/Nova+%281983-1993%29-2757/1.html

Forgot to say, they were really tight to fit! They definitely don't slip in to the tie rod mount but the rod end went through the metal sleeve easily enough.

rich a
07-12-16, 07:35 AM
Tim that's the problem the metal sleeve in the bush is 15mm and will slide over the threaded end but then won't go further because it changes to 20mm up to the captive washer. I realise the bush itself will have to be pressed into the mount

Andy they were £3.00 each ( the one that fit might be a bit more ) lol

Adam yes the car is going to be back together one day. So far holidays and changing the family car kicked the arse out of the restoration fund. I just keep collecting bits an bobs every now an then so I don't stop to think how much I have spent so far. All being well Jason should be painting it jan or feb an then I'll start rebuilding. If you could get some measurements id appreciate it

rich a
07-12-16, 06:58 PM
Anyone I'm struggling to get to the bottom of this

paddy235
07-12-16, 07:19 PM
I know corsas have 2 different sizes, early and late are you sure they haven't sent you 1 of them by mistake

NovalutionGSi
07-12-16, 08:54 PM
I'll have a look at the weekend Rich. Stuck in London at present.

Jason, is that lustre finishings?