PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet gas struts.

nova20xe
26-11-16, 09:48 PM
Has anyone fitted these on a mk1 before. Is it possible on novas? Thanks

torquey
26-11-16, 09:50 PM
I have but the fit wasn't good they made the bonnet gap horrible.

nova20xe
26-11-16, 10:02 PM
So not a good move then

torquey
26-11-16, 10:39 PM
The ones I used were aftermarket ones maybe try using one off another vauxhall!

kevy.m
26-11-16, 10:50 PM
I have but the fit wasn't good they made the bonnet gap horrible.

prob fitted out of line as the gaps are determined by the hinges & the strut maybe pushing the bonnet out of line ??

Ive fitted kits to classic cars over the years bit tricky but very satisfying once done but some times the struts get in the way
when doing repairs ;)

I'm going to fit some to my defender as im using triggers broom handle atm to hold it up lol

nova20xe
27-11-16, 09:17 AM
Haha Yeh the old broom handle ain't so pleasing to look at eh. I'll maybe get a set then an see how they look

kevy.m
27-11-16, 10:28 AM
Haha Yeh the old broom handle ain't so pleasing to look at eh. I'll maybe get a set then an see how they look

Aye looks cr@p but does the job :d
I have a corsa b that may have a set on it you can have them free if they're still on it??
We just robbed the loom cause it was a 1.4 sport with a x16xe shame to do it but needs must lol

nova20xe
27-11-16, 11:34 AM
Yeh mate that would be good. That way I can try them out I suppose. Let me know when you next have a look see

kevy.m
27-11-16, 11:53 AM
Yeh mate that would be good. That way I can try them out I suppose. Let me know when you next have a look see

Just had a look the under bonnet ones have been robbed my mate has fitted them on his corsa (abandoned here aswell :tard:)
There is a set on the tail gate though !!!

nova20xe
27-11-16, 12:27 PM
Haha typical. Would the rear ones work? Would they not be too short

kevy.m
27-11-16, 04:55 PM
Haha typical. Would the rear ones work? Would they not be too short

Ive just went & had another look at them both, the ones on the front are shorter than the back lol