PDA

View Full Version : C20xe into a ford

millworm
20-11-16, 12:26 AM
Ive got a lovely C20xe here and a solid mk1 fiesta so you know what coming. Anyone got any experience with fitting vaux engines into fords? Loads of rwd have been done and lots of aftermarket parts to support the swap. But I want to remain fwd. To swap a zetec in I need to fab mount's and make room in chassis legs so getting the lump in is self explanitay but I'd like to use a ford box to minimise extra fab work and utilise the rsturbo lsd. Also means my box would bolt right up, no speedo cable or clutch cable problems just construct some kind of hybrid clutch. If I had to use a gm box it wouldn't be a deal breaker just gives me more work of having shafts made witch i wouldn't even know where to start! But would mean I can bin the shit old Ford linkage and go cable. Any input is welcome with any ideas on what would be an easier option. Still lwaning toward for box myself. Cheers

(Also if you help me I promise I'll finish building my nova too and stop buying all these side projects lol )

prs
20-11-16, 12:59 AM
fiesta's are around the same weight as nova's, so an fiesta is gonna be just as fast with an xe.. so why bother?
side projects always kills project cars. I have made that mistake many time's, so don't do it :thumb:

millworm
20-11-16, 02:15 AM
I have some strange hate for crossflows and I have an awful experience with a cvh. It's slow as it gets at the moment, 1.0 4spd. So defo needs a conversion so thinking is to be different and utilise this xe I have to make a quick daily. The nova is c20let so will be faster than the fez

torquey
20-11-16, 09:13 AM
Don't do it! Putting a xe in a fiesta is a waste of a good engine. Hate fords!

Royston
20-11-16, 09:30 AM
Be far easier to put a 1300/1600 crossflow in, or a Zetec, been plenty of them done in fiesta's.

The crossflow can be well tuned (Harris for example)

CVH's wasn't great

Like Nova's chassis mods needed, (to fit a five speed gearbox)

I store my friends 1982 Fiesta Superport, for the ford haters :)

I don't get why people fit Fords with Vauhxall engine, but each to their own:roll:

millworm
20-11-16, 12:20 PM
It's going 16v for sure, jut like upsetting for boys with is the motivation for the xe If I'm honest

kevy.m
20-11-16, 12:24 PM
Ive never heard of any conversion plates to suit the xe block to fwd ford box as there is no demand for it all rwd with type 9 or manta rx8 ect
If I were doing it I would use the Vaux lump including the box & modify the chassis/body to accommodate I wouldn't bother with having shafts
made either id fit forest arches & use a suitable wheel & find an offset to fill them, then down the line its all ready available parts to find should
you need them, the rs turbo lsd's are crap ive done loads of them in don't bother lol

I love fords too !! I like all makes & can appreciate a nice car whatever the make or model :thumb:

Easyer to use a known ford conversion & send me your xe engine lol