PDA

View Full Version : 1991 1.6GSI project available

Phil Penney
15-11-16, 06:06 PM
Hello Gents

My '91 1.6 GSI has been garaged for the last 12 years. It has always been an ambition to renovate it myself, however recent events has made that implausible. Regrettably it will have to be sold.

I have no no idea what the market is like for this kind of vehicle, so any interest or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

kevy.m
15-11-16, 06:18 PM
Hello Gents

My '91 1.6 GSI has been garaged for the last 12 years. It has always been an ambition to renovate it myself, however recent events has made that implausible. Regrettably it will have to be sold.

I have no no idea what the market is like for this kind of vehicle, so any interest or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

What's the price mate & where are you located got any picture's.

Cheers Kev

Phil Penney
15-11-16, 06:27 PM
What's the price mate & where are you located got any picture's.

Cheers Kev

Hi Kev

The car is in Plymouth, but I'm in Lincoln. The earliest I could get any pictures to you (if you're interested) is Monday. As for the price, I've got no idea what it's worth so any sensible offers would be considered.

Jonesfach
15-11-16, 06:46 PM
All depends on condition, is it a rare colour, originality, mileage, etc etc

Theses cars do seen to becoming very sought after,so would think it's worth just as much now, to what you originally paid for it.

Phil Penney
15-11-16, 06:49 PM
That's useful information mate, thanks.

I'll post some pictures and more information when I have them.

kevy.m
15-11-16, 06:57 PM
Hi Kev

The car is in Plymouth, but I'm in Lincoln. The earliest I could get any pictures to you (if you're interested) is Monday. As for the price, I've got no idea what it's worth so any sensible offers would be considered.

PM sent !!

Southie
15-11-16, 08:43 PM
Have you all the original parts intact or is it stripped down?

Whats the shell like, are the panels straight and how much welding is needed?

Phil Penney
15-11-16, 10:21 PM
The only part missing is the parcel shelf, all else original apart from the fact that my 18 year old self lowered it by 40mm. I don't think it'll need much, if any welding as its been in a garage for 12 years

Southie
16-11-16, 02:55 AM
The only part missing is the parcel shelf, all else original apart from the fact that my 18 year old self lowered it by 40mm. I don't think it'll need much, if any welding as its been in a garage for 12 years
If it's as good as you think it is then I'd get it cleaned up and put it through it's mot, Novas are getting stronger money these days and original cars are getting harder to come by.

SRimon
18-11-16, 12:01 PM
Phil - i've dropped you a PM.

telford_chris
18-11-16, 10:30 PM
Awaiting pics :)

scorge01
19-11-16, 09:02 PM
Has anyone had a reply from him with details? Thanks

Crossy
19-11-16, 09:27 PM
I have pm'd you. You can get me on 07963524856. Very interested

Phil Penney
21-11-16, 10:19 PM
Sorry gents, and thanks for all the interest.

Ive got a load of pictures for those of you interested, do I need to send them to you all separately or is there a function to just upload them all to this thread?

Sorry for being a computer retard and being vague, got a few things on at the minute, which is why the car is going for sale. I'm trying to do all this from my iPhone

kevy.m
21-11-16, 10:45 PM
Sorry gents, and thanks for all the interest.

Ive got a load of pictures for those of you interested, do I need to send them to you all separately or is there a function to just upload them all to this thread?

Sorry for being a computer retard and being vague, got a few things on at the minute, which is why the car is going for sale. I'm trying to do all this from my iPhone

Yup send them to me first & il put them on for you lol

Or upload to photobucket them copy & paste the links !!!

nova_niek
22-11-16, 05:26 AM
Yup send them to me first & il put them on for you lol

Or upload to photobucket them copy & paste the links !!!

This whole upload malarky is quite challenging if you're not familiar with the workings of Photobucket and such. :confused:
Phil, take up Kevy's offer and go from there. Job done.

stevie16v
27-11-16, 12:37 PM
hi there if it still for sale pm me pic and a ruff price very interested

SRimon
27-11-16, 12:38 PM
I can come and see it and take photos? As above interested.

Phil Penney
29-11-16, 11:37 AM
Hi all,

I've now got photos but still struggling to upload. Will hopefully have them up this evening

benw456
30-11-16, 08:47 PM
Iv sent you a message.

scott.parker
15-12-16, 11:46 PM
Did anyone get pics, did it sell?

SRimon
20-12-16, 09:05 PM
Never received anything. Shame would have been keen with it possibly being a local car.

stuartyj21
05-07-17, 03:42 PM
any news on this gsi yet or was it a to good to be true post....

Andy
05-07-17, 10:46 PM
Think it was a load of bollocks unless somebody sorted it privately