PDA

View Full Version : Grounding Problem...

Will_Nova1.2i
26-09-03, 11:00 AM
Hi,

Ive had my sound system in 2 cars now, my first nova and everything was working fine, had an amp for 6x9's and amp for sub. No problems at all and sounded perfect!

But, when i got my second nova installed exactly the same with a ground going to a point in the boot it sounds perfect when the engine is turned off but as soon as i start the ignition, bad feedback kicks in. :x

I have even tried grounding it straight to the negative on the battery and its exactly the same!

Some one mentioned it could be the alternator on its way out but i have no clue about any technical stuff!???

Any ideas?

Cheers!!!!!!!

Will :wink:

epo
27-09-03, 07:21 AM
i had that prob with a cheap amp i went 2 motor world and bought a inline supressor its basically a little black box which u plug in2 the the red and white sockect things on the am then plug the red and white leads in2 the box

it cost about a tenner or u cud always try an alternator suppresser

Will_Nova1.2i
29-09-03, 10:42 AM
oh right, did buyin the black box work ok for u then?

epo
30-09-03, 09:22 PM
its 95% better still a little wining

hype
04-10-03, 11:47 AM
I`ve had such a problem, too. At our local car-hifi dealer they said, it could be some of the following reasons:

- cheap chinch cable (that one, which goes into the amp)
- +12v and the amp cable should not cross their way (put them seperately)
- bad ground (too long cable)

nwmlarge
27-10-03, 06:18 PM
try re grounding your earth for the battery i e follow the earth from the battery and re ground it using the same diameter cable as your power cable.

otherwise replace the rca's or run them down the transmission tunnel

Jules
27-10-03, 09:13 PM
Normally it's cheapo RCA cables and running them too close to power cables that do it - RCA's down one side, all other power cables down the other - don't bother with the transmission tunnel - just use the outsides.