PDA

View Full Version : inner wheel arch repair and coil overs

Darrenyd22
08-11-16, 07:51 PM
Hi does anyone know where to get saloon 2dr rear inner wheel arch repair panels or do i have to make my own ? has any one got any pictures of a inner arch repair. in addition we want to lower the car with coilovers the price ranges. i know you pay for what you get but would a £200 set be any worse than a £600 set on a 1200 saloon, i dont think we will be breaking any land speed records its purely aesthetic

millworm
08-11-16, 09:16 PM
The Coilovers I'd go for would be gaz golds, they carry a price tag but the ride can be fine tuned so that the car drivers as standard not like it's solid witch is what the cheap ones feel like, plus the cheapo ones don't go as low

turbojolt
09-11-16, 08:10 AM
Gaz also sell a range of ultra low coilovers, mine cost around 500/550 iirc, didn't put any miles on then so can't comment on reliability or how they ride.

Cheapo coilovers will only be shock and spring on the back aswell not a true coilover

Iain
09-11-16, 08:53 AM
Which part are you planning to repair? The part behind the shock along the chassis leg? It's generally just best to plate them in that area rather than use repair panels.

Benn
09-11-16, 12:20 PM
I dont think i've ever seen inner arch panels for them, you should be able to use outers with some trimming.

Coilovers again i'd go for GAZ. I've tried most makes and have found GAZ to be the best, in all areas.

Darrenyd22
09-11-16, 06:13 PM
It's the outside edge that meets the outer skin. The othe bits of the arch is sound. So it's only a bit that's rotten the outer arch is a little rough but I suppose I'll cut that off piece the inner arch then put the outside arch back on. Then I suppose I just tack the inner arch to the outer