PDA

View Full Version : engine transplant.

Anonymous
14-08-00, 03:47 PM
I've got a 2ltr 16v xe engine to drop into my 1.3sr need info on all aspects of the transplant, ie drive shafts, engine mounts, electrics etc.
also where can i get parts to perform this transplant.
please help.

d meglio.

Anonymous
14-08-00, 06:48 PM
right u need loads ov parts but the main part u need is a big welder, yep u need to seam or stich weld everything onder the bonnet to stregnthen the front end up (faliure to do this will end in a snapped nova) my mate didnt weld his and now its fucked (time for a reshell)

then u need to lower the osf engine mount by about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. then u need sum drive shafts made up for the conversion. a matching gearbox would be nice but for mental accelaration use a f16 box from a cavalier. then u need to replace your tank with one from a injection car, then u need to uprate your fuel lines (use the tubbing that the pubs use to feed the taps in the bar) then u need to fit the motor and box and plonk in the driveshafts, next up would be a exhaust (when i did a simmiler engins in my last nova i used the manifold and down pipe for that engine (after u remove the front anti roll bar for clearance) and joined the 2 under the car with sum flexible exhaust pipe) the u gota wire up the motor and ull be sorted.

Anonymous
15-08-00, 10:19 PM
Hey. Get in touch and i'll tell you all and i mean all you need to know including phone numbers of the cheapest places for driveshafts etc.